Temple of Divine Energy in St. Petersburg in Retrospective

A place where Harsi contributes links and information gathered from a variety of sources for the inspiration and evolution of all.
harsi

Temple of Divine Energy in St. Petersburg in Retrospective

Post by harsi »

Sati wrote:Also we are going to send our energy with the intention to help our Deities of St.Petersburg to get a new home. And after that to do Earth Healing meditation. Each of us can do it at his or her place.
Hi Sati, you wrote us some interesting news here. What happened to the Temple of Divine Energy in Sankt Petersburg that Kamalamala and the community in that town should or would have to find a new home for the Radha Krishna and the other deities there? If that place had to be given up I think than many people related to that place are in need of help to find a new job or a new perspective in life. As I saw in 2010 when I visited that place, in that eight-story-building there was also the restaurant and cafe of Jamaraja who had some employees, there was a guesthouse and the office of Kamalamala`s publishing house Pangeya.

Image..Inside Sankt Petersburg's former Radha Krishna temple

In my opinion it will not be easy to relocate the deities in Sankt Petersburg, not because one could not find or rent a good place where to move them in, rather the problem is as one could expect here a financial one. Who should pay for that new location and why? What would be it's purpose and scope? As I saw the building in Sankt Petersburg where the Temple of Divine Energy was located had also much space to offer for other people and societies who rented there rooms and payed their monthly rent. Now if that basis of income ceases to exist anymore I guess the question where to relocate the deities is not really that pressing given the new created situation whoever there might be responsible for such a thing. Of course the small community of people there could register an association and pay a monthly fee one could use for paying the rent for a new temple. That would depend on the willingness of everybody to contribute for a common cause. Of course for doing such a thing one would have to have first enough income and a good job oneself which I could hardly see some people would have there in St. Petersburg besides Kamalamala and Gaura.

Image.» A conversation we had in that location in 2010
Last edited by harsi on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harsi

Re: Temple of Divine Energy in St. Petersburg in Retrospecti

Post by harsi »

harsi

Post by harsi »

ImageShiva Parvati deities of Sankt Petersburg

harsi

Post by harsi »

ImageSarasvatī, the goddess of knowledge, music, arts and science.
harsi

Post by harsi »

Image..Image..Deity of Lord Ganesha

harsi

Post by harsi »

Image..Deity of Lakshmi Devi, goddess of wealth, prosperity (both material and spiritual), fortune, and the embodiment of beauty

harsi

Post by harsi »

Image..Hanuman the ardent devotee of Lord Rama

harsi

Post by harsi »

Image.Deity of Goddess Durga Devi
harsi

Post by harsi »

Image..Image..Beautiful Radha Krishna deities

harsi

Post by harsi »

Open up your mind and heart to new experiences of consciousness.
harsi

Post by harsi »

"The temple is closed," due to different reasons one does not want to discuss publicly, as someone wrote me. That is a very sad reality.

- Here one can view Hari at the installation of Radha-Krishna of Sankt Petersburg watched by many guests at that public event in 2006
harsi

Post by harsi »

My Journey to "Another World"
Reflections from a trip to Russia copied from "Society News & Information"
by Harsi (Heinrich Emrich)

It all started with a small instant message on the windows messenger, I started before one of Hari's lecture broadcasts. There someone whom I have on my contact list wrote me before Hari started his broadcast from Florida. "Would you like to come and participate to the lectures Hari would give soon in a retreat center outside Moscow? That instant message somehow took me by surprise I first did not knew what to answer to the addressee. But I thought actually that would be a good idea to meet Hari in person again (we know each other since more than 25 years) and all the other people I know since many years here on the Harimedia website only by their writings.

Hari confirmed this instant message I received before starting his lecture by announcing his coming to Moscow soon addressing his audience in Moscow to contact each other and see if there would be enough interest for listening to his lectures in Moscow. I first could not make up my mind if I should really go on that journey to Russia and also did not knew if I could get a few days off from work. So I wrote back to my contact on the Messenger that I shall see how everything will work out and than I will decide what to do.

Some time went by and I was thinking that actually it would be also a good idea to participate in the Janmashtami celebration in Sankt Petersburg, which is in the beginning of September. At that time I could also meet Hari there and participate to his lectures, meditations and music performances he gives in this place in Russia. Having taken that decision I decided to take a few days off from work and try my best to reach that place in time in order to meet Hari there and all the other people I knew and was corresponding till a long time just on our Harimedia forum. No sooner said than done! I started my best to put into operation and fulfill my plan in that direction, but it seemed to be not so easy as I first thought.

In order to enter the Russian Federation you need a visa in your passport. In order to get such a visa from the Russian embassy in Berlin you would need an official invitation by someone from Russia. So I was thinking where-from could I get such an invitation I could present at the embassy in order to get a visa for entering Russia. In Germany you can order and buy any flight tickets you want directly through the internet. So, I opened the website of Air Berlin I was flying before on a small holiday to Crete at the Mediterranean Sea. On their site I was searching for flights to St. Petersburg and indeed they were flying also to this Russian city but unfortunately at a very high price.

But on their site I found their offer to get for you from a Russian office in Moscow an official invitation for a tourist visa you would get from the embassy or consular office in your country. With this official invitation I received as a PDF attachment in an e-mail from their office I could contact the Russian embassy in order to get a tourist visa for entering the Russian Federation. What I also did the next day. That was 10 days before Krishna Janmashtami on 2 September the day I wanted to be already in Saint Petersburg. The flight ticket by Air Berlin seemed to be to expensive for me so I was searching other websites on the web were I could find a cheaper price for my planed flight to St. Petersburg. But that seemed to become a very difficult task so after some time I gave up searching the web in that direction. I went to sleep exhausted in my mind from so much searching the internet. The next morning I woke up at around 4 o'clock in the morning and feld an iresistable urge to enter the internet what I also did in my pajamas. I opened the site of Fluege.de, I found out the day before to be the best of such websites which are offering flight tickets online, and there it was.

A last minute flight to Sankt Petersburg and back to Munich at many times cheaper than usual. The Czech CSA airlines company which offered this ticket wanted perhaps to fill their airplane with passengers for their flight to Saint Petersburg. So I ordered the flight ticket immediately and payed it online with my Master Card. So my ticket problem was solved but who knows if my passport with the Russian tourist visa will reach me in time from the Russian embassy in Berlin I was thinking always the next few days. If I will not receive it in time all the money I payed for the ticket would be lost. You cannot change your flight tickets in such a short time. You would loose all your money and will have to buy another ticket for the time of flight you need.

The following days became very intense for me I always somehow had just my passport and the Russian visa in mind. It was on the 1 September, the day before my planed flight from Munich to Saint Petersburg, when all of a sudden at around 11 o'clock in the morning the bell was ringing at the entrance to my apartment in Nuremberg. I opened the door and outside was waiting a friendly looking man who delivered me an express mail from Berlin. Inside of it was my passport with the Russian visa I received from the Russian embassy there. I immediately felt a great relief of the accumulated tension I experienced since a long time and relaxed. My passport made it, by Krishna's mercy as we used to say in such circumstances to reach me just in time.

In the following hours I packed my luggage, took a train to Munich and waited in the Munich airport overnight until I checked in at around 5.30 for my flight which would fly me first to Prague and than two hours later with another bigger airplane to my destination, Sankt Petersburg. Thereafter I entered the airplane and awaited happily that the airplane would finally take off.
harsi

Post by harsi »

On the Way to Sankt Petersburg in 2010

Image » www.gauranitai.tv

It was I guess around 8 o'clock on this sunny morning of the 2 September when my airplane started to finally take off from the runway of the Munich airport F. J. Strauss, which is one of the biggest airports in Germany surpassed in size I think only by the Frankfurt airport and the one in Berlin. The aircraft approached slowly the airstrip and stopped all of a sudden directly before entering the runway. A few seconds later one could see why the airplane was waiting. It was namely so that exact at this moment an airplane was landing on the runway our aircraft was supposed to take off. It was a fantastic look to see how just a few meters in front of you a big Boeing aircraft is landing on the ground. Shortly after the plane landed our aircraft entered the runway and started slowly to take off the ground. It was the first time in my life I was flying with a propeller-driven aircraft. I was sitting at the window just beyond of one of this big rotating propellers. It was so great to see at what great speed they are rotating faster and faster until you almost does not see them spinning anymore when the aircraft is in the air. You can see just the spinning air moving around in the sky in front of you.

The plane was rising higher and higher on this beautiful sunny morning until you could see the impressive Munich airport beyond you and a part of the city of Munich. Slowly the aircraft raised at 5000 meters as the captain told us through the loudspeakers inside the plane. That is the altitude this propeller-driven air-crafts are flying those with aviation turbine are flying much higher at around 10000 meters above the ground. The one hour until we approached the Prague airport went by very fast. The aircraft came down just above Prague, you could see from above all of the beautiful city of Prague I was visiting ones a few years ago. The sun was still shining above our heads when we slowly left the small airplane of around 50 seats and approached to enter the bus which would bring us from the runway to the airport building of the Prague airport. Here I had to take care in what direction I am going in order to enter the place from were I would enter the airplane which would fly me two hours later to my destination, Sankt Petersburg. It was good that the pilot was telling us before landing the small aircraft were to go. They were people inside the plane which were flying further in different directions or were even staying in Prague.

So I made somehow my way through the big Prague airport, was looking around here and there at all the shops from inside the airport until I reached finally the entrance to the waiting room were the passengers flying to Sankt Petersburg were checking in. This time we entered a bigger Airbus airplane with a few hundred seats which filled slowly with passengers, mostly Russian speaking people who were flying perhaps home or were visiting their relatives and friends in Russia. Germany and especially the town of Nuremberg has a very large Russian community, mostly of German origins, which emigrated to Germany from Russia during the 1980ies and 1990ies. The way my family, which is also of German origins, emigrated in November 1975 from Romania to Germany.

What I still remember from the time we were flying already on an altitude of 10 000 meters above the ground is: how the pilot of the aircraft turned towards the passengers and announced through the loudspeakers that there might well be a situation, although hardly probable, were he might have to land the plane in an emergency situation on the water of the sea and were he might be forced to evacuate us through the emergency doors of the aircraft. Therefore we should all be aware (listen carefully to the small film he was showing us on the monitors which were situated every now and than on the ceiling of the plane above our seats), were those emergency doors are situated inside the plane so that in case such an emergency situation might happen we would all know were to find our way out from the aircraft. In such a situation we would all have to put on the swimsuits which were situated bellow our seats. Indeed a very reassuring message and reply by the captain of our airplane I was thinking in my mind...

I instantly had to think at that time at the incident from last year in New York were a skilled pilot of a big Boeing airplane was landing his aircraft which was full of passengers in the water of the Hudson river in Manhattan shortly after taking off from the J.F. Kennedy Airport in New York. Both engines stopped working after the airplane was flying and was hitting with its engines a great flock of birds. But that pilot who was acclaimed afterwords as a great hero by the media around the world was a very expert pilot who was flying before also many fighter aircrafts in the U.S. I thought who knows if the captain of our airplane would be able to perform such a "mystic feat" as the captain of the Boeing in New York. I know from the news that such landings on the water of the sea are very, very rare and extremely difficult to master by the pilot of an aircraft. I saw ones a famous film were an aircraft was landing like this on water. Unfortunately it came down with one wing first and because of this the whole aircraft was spinning around and fell apart. No passenger survived that crash.

But although of this interesting announcement by the captain in the beginning of the flight the following four hours or so nothing spectacular happened during our flight to Saint Petersburg. Every now and than one could see in the TV monitors were our aircraft is situated now on the map of Europe, at what altitude we are situated and at what speed we are flying. Thus you could always be informed were you are situated now in the sky. From my window I enjoyed a splendid sight above the drifting white clouds. It's fantastic to see how this clouds tower one above the other in the sky. How one is reaching higher into the air than the other and in between one could see from time to time the towns below which were looking from above 10000 meters like small villages. Sometimes one could also see in the Baltic ocean a great ship passing by.

It started to become more interesting when we entered the sky above Belarus after crossing Poland. All of a sudden the stewardesses came, there were four inside the plane, and were handing us over a small printed paper which had the title Visa for Belarus we would have to fill out our name and our passport number and so on. That document was stamped by the Russian authorities at the airport in St. Petersburg and retained by them on my return to Germany 5 days later. When the airplane approached Saint Petersburg it was raining outside. Slowly the aircraft descended from above 10000 meters and finality landed in the rain on the Pulkovo airport of Saint Petersburg. I could not imagine how quick the four hours of flight passed away as if it would have been just a short while. I enjoyed that flight very much but the best and most wonderful experiences I had during this short journey to Russia would still await me after I landed in Saint Petersburg and entered the temple of Radha-Krishna and Gaura Nitai and all the other divine beings located in their deity form in this building of that community there.
harsi

Post by harsi »

Approaching Radha Krishna and Sri Sri Gaura Nitai of Sankt Petersburg

So I thought let me tell you something more from my journey to Saint Petersburg. As far as I could see the Pulkovo airport there is somehow similar in size as that in Frankfurt, Germany. One could see from the window of the airplane while approaching the airport from above a lot of airplanes waiting there. My thought was when I entered the airport building there, in what direction should I walk and how should I recognize the persons send by Kamalamala to pick me up from the airport and take me by car to the building of the spiritual community in Saint Petersburg. Sati who I contacted by e-mail in Germany e-mailed me back that Kamalamala would take care that someone would await me at the airport. Since I wrote her that I am somehow inexperienced to find my way to the temple there in that big city of Saint Petersburg, and do not know what is an official taxi and which is not.

In order to go out into the airport area one had to stand in line at around 12 checkpoints where they controlled your passports. So I waited there I think about 20 minutes or so because there were so many passengers who were checking out from our airplane. Slowly I reached the checkpoint were a friendly looking woman in uniform was sitting inside. She took my passport, looked at me for a while than put a stamp in it and gave it back to me. After that I had to wait until the luggage from our airplane arrived at the runway of the luggage. All in all it took me around half an hour until I moved with my luggage out from that hall. But where to go next? I was thinking. So I just followed my instinct in that great building were everything is written in Russian letters, which were unfamiliar for me and reached somehow the entrance to the airport. Exactly at that time two man entered the door of the airport building. One of them had a large paper were Harimedia was written in big letters. So I thought they must be the persons send by Kamalamala to pick me up from the airport. And indeed they were the one. I approached them and told them hello, I am Harsi from Germany. I suppose you came here because of me. They said yes, welcome in Saint Petersburg. We were shaking hands and went to the parking area were they were parking their car. One of them was Yamaraja and the other one was a friend of him from Moscow, Alexei I think was his name.

I took my umbrella out from my luggage because outside it was raining and left the airport building happy that I met the right persons who would take me to the building of the temple and spiritual community in Saint Petersburg. We entered the car and Yamaraja was driving away. On the road he asked me how my flight was and if I am for the first time in Russia. I told him that in February 1991 I was the first time in Russia, when I was driving with my car some Gaura Nitai deities which were made by a German artist on the farm community of Lord Nrsimhadeva in Germany, to Georgia. Their destination was the temple in Tbilisi. Really said Yamaraja astonished. "I am from Georgia. I was at that time the temple president of the temple in Suchumi in Georgia. The deities you brought back than to Russia are now still there on the alter in the Tbilisi temple" He was showing me later in his office of the Spiritual Center in St. Petersburg those deities I brought in 1991 to Russia from Germany. I was fascinated to see on the photo how beautiful they were looking there on their alter in the Tbilisi temple.

I was asking him while we were driving to the Center if he still knows something about the man who was accompanying me on the roads of Russia from the Kishinev temple in Moldavia down to the building of the devotee community in Socci on the Black Sea, which is at the border to Georgia. I told him that I forgot his name. Yamaraja told me that was Ambarisha who died in the meantime. He was taking those deities we brought by car to Sochi by airplane to Tbilisi since we could not cross the border to Georgia by car than. At those days in February of 1991 the tensions between Russia and Georgia started already. We were unloading the big deities of Gaura Nitai from my car into the building of the devotee community in Socci from were Ambarisha arranged later their flight to Tbilisi, after I was driving back with my car to Germany. It was a great adventure in those days to drive on the roads of Russia I told Yamaraja. It was shortly after the fall of Communism in the Soviet Union, Germany and of whole Eastern Europe.

On the way to the spiritual community center in Saint Petersburg I was asking Yamaraja if he could stop at a bank where I could find some cash points with machine withdrawal of cash, were I could get some money out with my Master Card from Germany since I have no Ruble in my pocket. It was namely so that in Germany I could not get in such a short time some Ruble in exchange of Euros so I entered Russia without any Rubles. I had just Euros in my pocket. So on the way he found one of those banks who had such a cash points with machine withdrawal of cash. We entered the bank and I went at the cash point machine and could indeed withdraw a few hundred Rubles with my Master Card from Germany. My problem was I did not knew what is the value of the Ruble versus the Euro. I was withdrawing 450 Rubles and was thinking that that would be somehow enough but than Yamaraja told me nicely that this would be only around 12 Euros, which in my eyes was indeed a far to little amount of cash I would need for the next 5 days. So I was withdrawing a few thousand Rubles more to be sure I had enough Russian money in all circumstances I might come in.

After one hour or so we arrived at around 5.30 in the afternoon at the building of the spiritual community center in that big city of St. Petersburg, where Radha Krishna, Sri Sri Gaura Nitai and all the other deities are residing. Yamaraja took me to the office of the small hotel situated there in the building and was arranging for me a big room I could stay on the 5th floor with a bathroom inside and on the outside I had even a desk with a computer and Internet access. After we went there in the room were I put my luggage in, he gave me the key and was accompanying me downstairs to the third floor were the large temple room is situated. There he excused himself and told me if I want I can go inside to see the deities, in the meantime he will go and tell Kamalamala in his office there about my arrival. When I entered the temple room and came in front of those gorgeous deities of Radha Krishna and Sri Sri Gaura Nitai I felt so happy to be there. It was staggering I could really feel the divine presence of those divine beings located there in front of you. As if telling you with their smile, nice to meet you, feel welcome. My heart was melting away with joy by looking at them smiling.

After a while from the left corner beyond the altar a tall man with light gray hair approached me gently. You must be Harsi he said. Yes, and who are you? I was asking in turn. "I am Kamalamala. Welcome, nice to meet you!" he replied. "Are you the first time here in Saint Petersburg?" he asked me politely. I replied to him, Yamaraja was also approaching us in front of the alter, "It would be a lie if I would tell you that that would be the case. I was already here in 1991 before New Years Eve 1992 when I was travelling by train with a organized tourist group on a journey through some cities of the Baltic states. At that time our tourist group from Romania was visiting the famous Hermitage museum in this town. In the two days of our stay in Saint Petersburg I always wanted to contact you here in that big city but somehow I did not made it in time. But now I am here." We exchanged a few friendly words and I was so pleased that finally I met the person I was exchanging over the past years so many comments on the internet here on the Harimedia forum, and before that on COM, on sometimes somehow controversial issues.
harsi

Post by harsi »

Meeting and discussion with Hari

I have to admit, I am a little bid surprised about the great interest of you to read my travel journal but at the same time also somehow very pleased . There must be something to it that Hari called me “a professor” last week during our conversation of almost two hours in his apartment there in the spiritual community center in St. Petersburg. „You are a professor Harsi“ did he said to me, making me at the same time feel also very humble and somehow uncomfortable in his presence, by hearing him characterize me in this way. Knowing me well that I have neither a university degree in this regard nor do I have any great intellectual ability of memorizing and teaching any kind of knowledge to others. But Hari encouraged me, telling me that my approach and the distribution of knowledge and information I prefer is very similar to the way the professors are doing as well.

We came to talk about this issue because I told him about my experiences with a friend of mine from the temple community in Timisoara, Romania. There Murari Krishna whom I facilitated and encouraged since the time I met him in this town, he is by the way a real professor in computer science at the local university there, and leading now the devotee community in Romania. And I told Hari that every now and than when I happen to stop there on my way to my apartment in Iasi (some 750 km away from there) and am listening to the lectures he gives as a very intellectual person I am still always able to find some faults or inconsistencies in his presentation of spiritual knowledge, the way it is done in Iskcon and other similar groups. And that although I myself have always had great difficulties to give some lectures like that, being often unable to memorize and again recall and quote all those slokas or verses from scriptures or other spiritual minded persons. Hari said that ones intellectual ability to memorize is not everything in spiritual life ones experience in this regard is of much higher value. Thus Hari called me „professor“ more because of having acquired also some useful experiences I may use also for the spiritual advantage and advancement of other people. At least that’s how I understood it.

It was interesting, I arrived exactly on the day of Krishna Janmashtami in the spiritual community center in Saint Petersburg and after I had a small conversation with Kamalamala in front of the deities inside the temple room I went upstairs to my room on the fifth floor and relaxed a little bid from my long journey there with the airplane. It was around 8 o‘clock in the evening when Yamaraja came into my room and invited me to come downstairs in the temple room were the Janmashtami celebration had just began. Hari just started to give an introduction conveying the meaning of Janmashtami celebration to the more than 40 guests which attended at this event there in front of the deities of Radha Krishna and Sri Sri Gaura Nitai and all the other divine beings present there in their deity form.

It took me a while to make me ready to go down, also because I wanted to give Hari some presents I prepared for him in Nuremberg and it took me some time to take them out from my suitcase and put them into the gift bag I took with me for this occasion. It was a picture of Prahlad Nrsimhadeva from Germany imprinted on a aluminum build plate fixed at a resplendent brown wooden plate as a frame which one could stick on the wall. A very beautiful, mystical and almost three dimensional looking image of Prahlad Nrsimhadeva. And I gave him a porcelain cup with a beautiful photo of Radha Madhan Mohan from Germany imprinted on the side of it. Everything was done professionally by a specialized photo shop I know here in Nuremberg. The photos were done and given to me ones by my good friend Haravapu, a professional photographer who died on the Bahamas in a car accident. He was also initiated at the same day as me in 1987 in Almviks-gàrd in Sweden.

When I entered the door to the temple room and went inside I was agreeably surprised to see Hari again after almost 14 years have past since our last meeting, speaking there in front of the great audience gathered inside the temple room. And how well he was looking! It was simply amazing to see him smile at me and wave with his right hand in my direction in a sign of welcome. I set down on the side on a chair and followed attentively to his lecture and the meditation conducted by him which followed afterwards as well as his music performance on the keyboard for the pleasure of Krishna and the gathered audience participating to his birthday celebration in this spiritual community center and temple in St. Petersburg.

After the Janmashtami celebrations in the temple room were over shortly before midnight, Hari left and went to his apartment situated one floor higher directly vis-à-vis the entrance from the top to the temple room. Here you can find also a few beautiful paintings with Krishna and Radharani and Sri Chaitanya hanging on the wall on the left side of the entrance, where you can look from the hand made white wooden balustrade into the temple room. Kamalamala told me when we met ones up there that the big wooden ceiling was hand made and cut in handcraft by a skillful man of their community which took him one full year to finish. He said there was before a theater located inside.

Image.Temple room (2006)

After Hari left the temple room I recognized his wife Kamala I had in memory from some photos published on the internet. We were speaking ones on the phone together a few years ago when she was calling me and my wife from Gainesville. I was interested at that time on some astrological advice she gave to us very expertly on the phone after reading our astrological charts she put together from some information‘s I supplied to her before in an e-mail. I approached her in front of the deities of Radha Krishna were she was staying and told her "Hello, I'm Harsi from Nuremberg in Germany, we were speaking ones together on the phone a few years ago. Would you please be so kind to give this present to Hari." She smiled and said yes of course. We exchanged some words and I gave her my present bag for Hari. She took it and after looking for a short while at the beautiful deities of Radha Krishna and Sri Sri Gaura Nitai left the temple room. She told me a few days later when we met again when I attended the lecture she gave there on Evolutionary Astrology that four years have past since she came together again with Hari in this town and that he liked my present very much. Than after midnight we were all eating in the temple room a very tasty and sumptuous meal on this very eventful day of Sri Krishna Janmasthami I experienced there in Russia, after which I went in a happy mood upstairs to my room to take rest.

The next morning I woke up at around 6.30 and felt the need to go on a morning walk and explore a little bid the neighborhood of the spiritual community building I was in. Through the big window of the room I was in on the fifth floor I could first have directly in front of me a stunning look at the sun rise through the drifting clouds of Saint Petersburg. It was a fantastic sight for the eyes indeed. During the night it was raining but in the morning most clouds were already gone.

When I went downstairs and unto the street, outside it was wet from the rain during the night. I followed the street which went around the building and which was already full of people which went to work. After a while also a big street dog was following me perhaps in the hope I would give him something to it or so. After some time I stopped and was looking around and that dog came to me seemingly without any fear and was snuffling on my shoes. There are many street dogs in that city as far as I could see there in the neighborhood. But they are harmless. They just hang around here and there where they could find something to it. After a while the dog gave up following me and I continued on my way. I saw a big cathedral which I passed and after an hour or so I came again from the other side into the street where I started my journey of exploring the surroundings of the community and temple building. After I passed that area I went straight across one street in the neighborhood and after some 300 meters or so I discovered a beautiful area where a small river or a kind of water canal was flowing.

My surprise was big when I saw there inside the water many water lilies or lotus flowers as this flowers are also commonly called. And there were hundreds of them inside. In between there were two ducks which were floating around those big green petals of those flowers there. It was a fantastic and beautiful place I discovered there on that morning directly in the neighborhood of the temple in Saint Petersburg. It seemed the season when this water lilies are blooming was already over since one could see there only all this big petals of those flowers floating on the water. I was so fascinated that I even got a little wet when I tried to take with me to my room one of those big petals. Later that morning I even took it with me when I went to meet Hari and was telling him about my small discovery tour of the surroundings of the temple.