The Sacred Feminine and the Power of Women

A place where Harsi contributes links and information gathered from a variety of sources for the inspiration and evolution of all.
harsi

Post by harsi »

Ezine Articles.com

By Anne Wondra

I am the Goddess. I am the Mother. All acts of Love and Pleasure are my Rituals. - Sacred Pleasure, Shawna Carol

How many women were taught that pleasure is sacred, that ALL acts of LOVE, and your sensuality, are good and holy and blessed? How would your life be different? And what if now, you start believing and acting out of that knowing?... honoring love and pleasure as sacred expressions of yourself, your soul and essence?

In the ancient legend, it was the tree of knowledge of good and evil that the woman desired. She still does. In earlier legends, she already knew she was good, in all her beauty, wisdom, sensuality and creative power.

To reclaim a sense of... wholeness, a woman must realize that divinity has a female aspect as well-that for thousands of years, in fact, ancient cultures worshipped goddesses. - Greta Bro

I was told, and believed, that I was created in the image and likeness of God. And as I looked in the mirror, a woman in her 30s, that body was most definitely female. I needed new images and words--Goddess, the Sacred Feminine, Spirit of Life, Mother of all Living--additions to the cultural norm, to describe the image and likeness of divinity I came to this earth with. She would show me the way to be a Woman of Spirit and Light and Life. This female body and all its earthy, sensual experiences and expressions--and me--are blessed. To come fully into our own, our wholeness, the power and spirit of our female body and soul, the Goddess-sacred feminine element needs to come forth.

When I say the feminine, I don't mean gender. I mean the feminine principle that is living-or suppressed-in both men and women. The feminine principle attempts to relate. Instead of breaking things off into parts, it says, Where are we alike? How can we connect? Where is the love? Can you listen to me? Can you really hear what I am saying? Can you see me? Do you care whether you see me or not? - Marion Woodman

The feminine principle is a different way of operating. If we don't bring this forth, no one will. We women have no idea how much these ways of operating and thinking we have, that come so easily and naturally to us, are so foreign to our brothers. And they need us. We take our ways for granted--and allow others to as well.... to the disservice of all.

These are times of intense change. The feminine principle is coming forth, it NEEDS to come forth stronger, to love and heal and so much more, and we women need to bring it forth. WE NEED to fully understand who we are; to name, claim, tame, and aim what we bring and the full power of love and healing we carry, Many of our brothers will help us; they just need us to show them the way...because the old ways don't work anymore. They need us to confidently be who we are. We can no longer keep trying to be who they are.

Anytime we try to follow a path or a model that's not ours, we feel inadequate, not good enough, that there's something wrong with us, that we don't fit. That has been the experience of women, many women

We have been given a model--in our churches, in our workplaces, and in our cultural norms-- that speaks of and honors the sacred masculine exclusively. And because that is not our experience as women (we are not embodied as male), the female was perceived, spoken of, regarded, as inadequate, less than, not good enough, smart enough, or not worthy enough. All things feminine were downplayed in value and worth.

The time of the sacred feminine and the power of the feminine principle is now... If women are to come fully into a wholeness of our soul and spirit, and shine our powerful healing light of grace, we need to appreciate, value, and love who we are first. We need to courageously step into who we are.

There is more, so much more, I can share...and I want to, and I am ready.. more...