Living the legacy you were called to leave...

A place where Harsi contributes links and information gathered from a variety of sources for the inspiration and evolution of all.
harsi

Living the legacy you were called to leave...

Post by harsi »

http://ezinearticles.com

Find Your Purpose - Learn How to Live Without Regrets and Live Your Legacy
By Bettina Langerfeldt

"Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways."
~ Stephen Vincent Benet

The last thing you will want to happen to you is to reach retirement age and look back at what your life has been all about, only to discover that you never did what you were really passionate about. Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily routine with its preoccupations and challenges, that we forget what we are really here for, --the typical stressed out, but aimless life anybody can get trapped in.

Typical, but not natural. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, I believe that many people are so obsessed with getting by in life, that they miss out on the most important. You might be thinking, "Yeah, sounds very nice, but I have to make a living, you know!"

All of us need to have an income to meet our needs and we certainly should pursue a career, but I want to challenge you to look beyond that goal. Most people feel once they've done their share of hard work for the day they can turn their brain off and just relax. And many times by doing that they close the door to those dreams that are lurking in their heart.

As days, months and years go by they alternately work and relax and get on with life until they reach midlife and suddenly realize that half their life is gone forever. And that dream is still there, waiting to be aroused. Maybe we should all ask ourselves every now and then, "What will people remember about me once I'm not here anymore?"

Don't get stuck in a rut. Don't let life go by without living the legacy you were called to leave on this planet. (more...)
___

http://ezinearticles.com

Do Not Give Up on Your Goals and Dreams
By David Jarrett

Have you ever gone through life, trying to achieve your goals and dreams and someone tells you, "You can't achieve your dreams", or someone literally tries to hold you back from achieving your goals. It's sad to say, but they are people like that. What's even sadder is when love ones and close family members and friends don't believe you can achieve your goals and dreams. Some might consider people like that as "haters" or even "oppressors".

One thing that I have learned deeply is that you can't let people influence your future. There are going to be times when people may put down your goals and dreams. Never let a negative person's attitude detour you from achieving your goals and dreams. Goals and dreams are what make life worth living. Hold on to your dreams and goals, as if it was air. Never let go of your goals and dreams because of other people and what they may say about your goals and dreams. You are always going to have to face some form of challenges in life. Conquer your challenges and move on.

Don't let people stunt your growth as a human being. Achieve all that you can, and be courageous. Know what you want and go get it. When some one tells you, you can't achieve a certain goal, tell them "Yes I can", and prove them wrong. This is your future not theirs. Take care! (more)

Video: Les Brown's Mindset Maintanance