4 principles, 16 rounds and other rules and regulations.

Days gone by are remembered as good or bad according to our desire. Although we are not encouraging anyone to post texts in this forum, if anyone feels a need to discuss things related to their former times in a spiritual movement or to ventilate their feelings, this is the place to do it. Please maintain proper decorum and do not flame others or other organizations. Any comments or statements herein are the opinions of the poster's alone and have no connection to harimedia.net or its administrators.
Sati

4 principles, 16 rounds and other rules and regulations.

Post by Sati »

Dear All!
This question was asked by Atindriya Prabhu and His friends, who are ISKCON devotees. I was requested to translate and to send those questions to Hari. On the way of doing it I remembered that when I joined our Harimedia spiritual group, I was also asking Hari same questions. And from time to time, when I meet devotees who know Hari from ISKCON times - at least half of them ask this questions too - doesn't metter if they are still in ISKCON or not, if they are following this rules themselves or not. So we had a short conversation with Hari, where I have suggested that this topic deserves to be put in the forum - so that Hari wouldn't need to answer the same questions again and again,(specially these are not His favourite ones). So thats the story behind this post. And this are the questions and Hari's answer:

Atindriya Das:
What does Hari say about sankirtana, (Prabhupad’s book distribution), about the wows ( 4 regulative principles and 16 rounds of Hare Krishna Maha Mantra) and about rules and regulations now?

> What does Hari say about sankirtana, (Prabhupad’s book distribution),
Those who are in ISKCON will continue to do this because it is expected of them and/or they really want to do it. Those who are not in ISKCON will sell books if it is advantageous for them to do so. I am not in ISKCON.
>
> about the wows ( 4 regulative principles
One should do what one feels is correct for them. If one feels that these principles help them in their spiritual life, then they will endeavor to follow them.
>
> and 16 rounds of Hare Krishna Maha Mantra)
If one wishes to chant 16 rounds, go for it!
>

> and about rules and regulations now?
All depends on the individual. Those who feel there is something they can gain by following will continue to do so. Those who feel they do not have something to gain may or may not do so. Some will follow even though they are not getting the benefit they felt they should be getting.

In general, I am not in ISKCON and I should not be asked about ISKCON kind of things. I have already clearly spoken about how I see spirituality and if someone is interested they can listen or read.