Our Deities

The place where members can exchange as they like between themselves. A kind of sidewalk cafe for spiritualists.
Drpta

Our Deities

Post by Drpta »

Hi everybody,
In this topic I am suggesting to exhibit pictures of our domestic (and not only) Deities. Some stories about the Deities are also welcomed.
Drpta

Re: Our Deities

Post by Drpta »

So, for getting started, I place here my Happy New Year’s Deities who live in my Moscow flat.

Krisna’s deity I made by myself. One day I have had a strong desire to have a deity of Krisna. I took piece of gypsum, knife and ruler and carve a deity. I never did any carving before. And here is what came out! I am also tried to carve Radha deity but came nothing.
Deity of Narasimha (on right) I bought from a friend of mine for $2. He made it from white stone. He is an artist. For a while he has lived on the bank of Moscow River and there he found a piece of white stone. With knife only he made this deity! There is also bronze Ganesa on the left and small black Shiva Lingam, which Kamalamala have brought to me from India. There are their small China’s friends too :D .
kamalamala1

Post by kamalamala1 »

Jee it looks Super!!!!!
Drpta

Post by Drpta »

Thanks Jee!
Prisni

Post by Prisni »

This is Radha-Madhava
20140616.131413.IMG_2289.JPG
20140616.131413.IMG_2289.JPG (94.58 KiB) Viewed 9767 times
They have a story.
Once when I walked on the streets of Sweden I saw money lying on the ground, and for some reason I said - this is Radha-Krishna paying for themselves, to come to Sweden.
I immediately thought it silly, but still wondered why that thought came into my mind.
I took up the money, and saved it.

Later that year I travelled to Vrindavan. While there, I was going to every shop in the bazar streets, looking at different deities, just looking, for fun.
When I after some days came to the most far away shop, the last on the street, I looked at the deities, and then the young shopkeeper told me - if you come tomorrow, I have your Radha-Krishna deities for you.

Next day I came back to the shop, to see what he had. He showed them to me, and I felt love at first sight. In a moment, they had stolen all my affection. It was very strange, and I heard myself saying - I take them. Then I told them, that if you come with me, it won't be easy, there will be no opulent temple, you have to endure the same circumstances as me.

It turns out that for me there is a bond of affection with them, but for others they are just deities. It is very intense, and my life is not the same since they came into it.
Drpta

Post by Drpta »

Jay Radha-Madhvaji!
Mihail

Post by Mihail »

your image imageshack.com/a/img537/5096/DoEhVf.jpg seems to dissapear from imageshack.com