On living in the present moment

The place where members can exchange as they like between themselves. A kind of sidewalk cafe for spiritualists.
harsi

On living in the present moment

Post by harsi »

In Discussions with Hari the question is being discussed on what constitutes living in the present moment or like E. Tolle would say Living in the Now. The way I see it according to my experience, living in the presence is a state of being you can choose by yourself to be in, or go on with your daydreaming forever without ever reaching a point of trying to be or do something in a certain way. When you are in that mood or state of mind that what you are doing or saying is something what counts, and is valuable for accomplishing that what you want to accomplish, what you do or not do in the present moment is something valuable for you. Others may see and value it differently according to how they see and value a certain situation or state of being or whatever. Thus for some people it may be valuable to do and value certain situations or things in a certain way while for others it may sound or look valueless or even foolish. Now the question is who should or would be the judge, and that is a whole other issue. There are some people who always want to act and d things according to what they consider others might do in a certain situation while others have more self confidence and like to act and do things in their own particular way. I find both are right if it helps them to evolve spiritually.
harsi

Re: On living in the present moment

Post by harsi »

Living in the present moment here and now can mean also to enjoy and relish a particular situation you are in, like when you are together with someone you love or appreciate very much.
harsi

Post by harsi »

There is also a way of living in the present moment with the so called psychological future in mind. For example I am right now involved with a project of supervising the installation of an elevator in the six floor building where I have my second place of residence here in Iasi, Romania. It is a building constructed at the end of 1990 and although in the building a place for the elevator was build, the construction company owned by the state before did never build an elevator inside the building. Our four room appartment is on the fifth floor, and although we use our appartment in Iasi just in our holidays we find it not so good to allways have to go up and down the stairs from the fifth floor. So I made a contract three month ago with a local company for installing an elevator in the building. Now although I payed aleady a part of the money for the elevator to that company I find that the installation of that elevator and the aquisition of all the needed materials goes very, very slowly in Romania, not at all as I am used the things are going in Germany. So one week week ago I went to Romania to supervise personally the construction. A big headache I can tell you, where one can learn very well of living and deciding things in the imediate day to day moment, with the end resut, the future so called, in mind. The moment the elevator will be ready for use.
harsi

Post by harsi »

I am still in Iassy, Romania, and the construction of the elevator is still not ready. But we are making progress, day by day. And that is also living in the present moment by accepting everything the way it is, while at the same time trying to improve the situation you are in. But I have a big hope that in two weeks I will go the first time with my elevator to my apartment at the fifth floor.
harsi

Post by harsi »

Image.My elevator in Iași, Romania, is now ready, thanks god. :)

The apartment building, build in 1989 without an elevator, where we live every now and than when we are in Romania.
harsi

Post by harsi »

The city of Iași. the main town of the Moldavian province in Romania.
Vajra

Post by Vajra »

But present moment is not only enjoyment is nt it,,?
But for one who is in pure spiritual stage all moments is enjoyment./