Understanding the mind of god

Have a good lecture topic you wish Hari to speak about? Put it here! Have feedback on previous lectures? Post it here! Have specific questions on a specific lecture that you want to know more about? Ask it here or put it in Discussions with Hari.
harsi

Understanding the mind of god

Post by harsi »

"The more you like to help others the moore you will be able to understand the mind of god" This statement of todays lecture by Hari was really impressive as also the whole instructions from before. It really inspired me to think a lot, hearing this, sitting hear in Rumania where I am at present for a few days, in the internet cafe and listening to it. In the association of some people of today, who see things rather from another moore selfish perspective, hearing such words are somehow nectar for the soul.
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

Thank you.
GPandit

Post by GPandit »

I second that emotion. Helping others, it's simple and sublime. No need to study lofty scriptures or perform complex rituals. Thank you Hari. BTW, which lecture is that one in?
What we do in life, echoes in Eternity
Janus

Re: Understanding the mind of god

Post by Janus »

harsi wrote:"The more you like to help others the moore you will be able to understand the mind of god" This statement of todays lecture by Hari was really impressive as also the whole instructions from before. It really inspired me to think a lot, hearing this, sitting hear in Rumania where I am at present for a few days, in the internet cafe and listening to it. In the association of some people of today, who see things rather from another moore selfish perspective, hearing such words are somehow nectar for the soul.

I remember an incident involving me that convinced me of the truth of Hari's observation. I was living in a temple and a homeless person came by and I fed him as much prasadam as he could eat and gave him some to tale off with him, thinking to myself all of the time that Krsna did not want anyone to go hungry and that such places as the temple, if they were to serve and represent Krsna had themselves a responsibilty to feed the hungry.
While I was serving the homeless person however the temple president was watching me and he did not agree with my sentiment and dressed me down telling me that in the future just to give such persons a little prasadam and then to quickley send them on their way.
Back then as a young bhramacahari I had no experience of what it took to manage a large community and could not appreciate the temple presidents position, but neither could he understand how highly idealistic I was and that what he had just done had plunged me into a crisis of faith. Did I not understand the mind of God? Although the temple president did not realize this, thousands of miles away someone else did.
Several days later I was doing some service outside in the a.m. when the temple president Bala Krsna cane out personally to get me. He had just received a letter from Srila Prabhupada from India and he wanted me especially to be there when he read it in the temple room to the assembled devotees.
The letter had been by Srila Prabhupada during my crisis of faith and in it Srila Prabhupada instructed that no one within miles of the temple should be hungry. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and all glories to Krsna, to God. Krsna and or Srila Prabhupada knew my mind, they knew my heart and they told me in this miraculous way that I had chosen a real guru and that I worshiped a true God.
Taken alone such an incident must be seen as possibly just a remarkable coincidence, but there have been other incidents and altogether they allude to the truth of Hari's assertion.
. Krsna is very, very angry about what became of His Srila Prabhupada and His other devotees, Krsna wishes us to make it up to them and Krsna will have nothing to do with any presentation of Krsna consciousness that represents Him differently and neither will we, we few, we happy few.
Self realization begins at home
harsi

Post by harsi »

GPandit wrote:I second that emotion. Helping others, it's simple and sublime. No need to study lofty scriptures or perform complex rituals. Thank you Hari. BTW, which lecture is that one in?
Its nice to hear from you GPanditji. It can be heard around the end of the lecture:

"The Other Side" 27 May 2006

Understanding the transitional phenomena called death requires insight into our consciousness and how it works, for with this awareness we can gain entrance into other realms and to 'the other side.' In this lecture we define terms, clarify concepts and give practical hints as to how we can communicate with those who have departed from the physical realm. Why one would want or not want to do this, including protection and care during the initiation of such connections, is also discussed. The questions at the end are interesting and allow us to peak into the practical application of these ideas.
Open up your mind and heart to new experiences of consciousness.
harsi

Post by harsi »

"The more you understand how helping people is helping yourself, the more you will be able to understand the mind of God."

"To a great exstand we should understand that divine love is allways of service, and to be of service expandet capacity is required, especially nowadays."
I thought to just add the exact words Hari was using, after hearing his inspiring lecture again.
Janus

Post by Janus »

harsi wrote:"The more you understand how helping people is helping yourself, the more you will be able to understand the mind of God."

"To a great exstand we should understand that divine love is allways of service, and to be of service expandet capacity is required, especially nowadays."
I thought to just add the exact words Hari was using, after hearing his inspiring lecture again.
This topic is getting a bit to fluffy, helping others isn't always so "warm & fuzzy", sometimes helping others requires you to oppose others, vested interests, status quo, in defense of the little guy, the under-dog, the have nots, it requires dedication and not mouthyness.
Increased capacity... yes, that sometimes is girded on. It's amazing what the dumn blind and the lame may sometimes be given the power to do
in the service of the meek and the humble by the powerful. God needs all the help he can get.
Self realization begins at home
harsi

Post by harsi »

Janus wrote:.. helping others isn't always so "warm & fuzzy", sometimes helping others requires you to oppose others, vested interests, status quo, in defense of the little guy, the under-dog, the have nots, it requires dedication and not mouthyness.
I was reading also your former comment where you wrote about the responsability of Prabhupada. Is it also this what you mean by writing the words above? Indeed by reading the letters of Prabhupada I can see more and more that the way everything was set up in his movement and the longterm goals one wanted to achieve, were all inspired by his personal writings to others, but at the same time he wrote that he expected his followers also to become nice and responsible persons themselves.
Janus wrote: It's amazing what the dumn blind and the lame may sometimes be given the power to do in the service of the meek and the humble by the powerful. God needs all the help he can get.
Indeed many people in America and everywhere in the world feel betrayed nowadays by a society that seems to place materialism and selfishness above more spiritual and moral values. They know that "looking out for number one" has become the common sense of their society, but they want a life that is about something more--a framework of meaning and purpose to their lives that would transcend the grasping and narcissism that surrounds them everywhere. Sure, they will admit that they have material needs, and that they worry about adequate health care, stability in employment, and enough money for living and to give their kids a college education. But even more deeply they want their lives to have meaning--and in politics they respond to candidates who seem to care about values and some sense of transcendent purpose. I think its good to share our understanding and experiences among each other in this regard.