Your conversation with Prabhupada

Days gone by are remembered as good or bad according to our desire. Although we are not encouraging anyone to post texts in this forum, if anyone feels a need to discuss things related to their former times in a spiritual movement or to ventilate their feelings, this is the place to do it. Please maintain proper decorum and do not flame others or other organizations. Any comments or statements herein are the opinions of the poster's alone and have no connection to harimedia.net or its administrators.
harsi

Your conversation with Prabhupada

Post by harsi »

Dear Hari,

I was quoting in the Good Old Days Discussions forum a conversation with Prabhupada I found ones online where it is also mentioned what you asked ones Prabhupada. Among the members of our discussion Nanda-grama mentioned the desire to understand further why Prabhupada may have been so focused on the spiritual master when it comes to understand Krishna and ones connection with the Supreme. Having an inquisitive nature myself I would also like to enhance my understanding of this issue and on how to interpret what you have discussed ones with him in light of the knowledge and experiences of today.

Indiadivine.org published a conversation where you supposed should have said to Prabhupada ones: "There is a question which I've always been afraid to ask, because I don't know if it's proper, but you being the external manifestation of Supersoul, if we are having questions, doubts, when, in your absence, if we are receiving indications, is there any possible way that someone who is so conditioned can have any understanding of proper action in your absence? In other words, if I am in your absence and I am in great doubt, and I am praying to Supersoul to please save me somehow, if I receive some action which I must do or some course of action becomes obvious, should I trust that, considering that you're communicating with me, or...?"

Prabhupada: That depends on purity. If one has become pure, without any material desire, then that is possible. But if there is some material desire, we cannot expect direct communication. Continued...
Hari
Site Admin

Re: Your conversation with Prabhupada

Post by Hari »

I have no idea where this conversation was supposedly held or with whom it was held. It was not me. Probably someone asked this and it was recorded and someone who heard it assumed the voice on the recording was mine. But it was not, surely.