Reflections on the A-Z's of Life

Days gone by are remembered as good or bad according to our desire. Although we are not encouraging anyone to post texts in this forum, if anyone feels a need to discuss things related to their former times in a spiritual movement or to ventilate their feelings, this is the place to do it. Please maintain proper decorum and do not flame others or other organizations. Any comments or statements herein are the opinions of the poster's alone and have no connection to harimedia.net or its administrators.
Janus

Re: time and circumstance

Post by Janus »

harsi wrote:By the way, what is the Golden Down you wrote about and who is Jonathan Harker?
The Golden Dawn was a magical (not a religious) society that appeared at the end of the 18th century. It encouraged its members to empower themselves with divine energies, through mantra (incantation) and ritual. It represented a revival of the ancient practice of theurgy, an ancient practice very much similar to that by which deities are installed . It counted many notable contributors to the rise of the later half of the 20th century’s interest in the Occult arts and to the New Age phenomenon, dur not only to individual contributions but to the wide distribution of the orders teachings which ranged the gamut from astral projection to the Enochian evocations pf Dr. Jon Dee. Queen Elizabeth’s councilor and personal astrologer. Due to its open door policy it contained in it’s ranks many notable literary figures, but the two most famous Initiates of that tradition, magically speaking were Dion Fortune and Aleister Crowley, very profound and important contributors to the New Age indeed.

Jonathan Harker was Count Dracula’s real estate agent who purchased an abbey for him in England in the novel Dracula (and btw, their really are vampires, no matter that no one in the know of them believes that Vlad Tepes needs anymore monstrous practices added to his infamy)

harsi wrote: But I think the next issue under discussion should be, who is really such an awakend soul to the spiritual reality of things?
Besides all the theory, what are his characteristic attributes really...?

But why are you asking me questions that you should already know the answer of if you have been reading Srila Prabhupad’s books since 1982?.
The qualities of a devotee are mentioned all throughout them, but if you need to have them listed all in one place, they are listed in Caitanya caratamrita Madya 22.78-80. Numbering 26, they are these:

Krpalu, akrta-droha, satya-sara, sama nidosa, vadanya, mrdu, suci (which is next to Godliness ;), akincana, sarvopakaraka, santa, krsnaika-sarana, akama, aniha, sthira, vijita-sad-guna,mita-bhuk, apramatta, manada, amani, gambhira, karuna, maitra,. kavi, daksa, mauni, and yes, some are dual qualities.

But before looking at these qualities one should also be conversant with both the qualities of the conditioned soul and what Sri Rupa Goswami, Srila Bhaktisiddhata Sarasvat, and Srila Bhativinode Thakur have to say about the Vaisnava's apparent display of them, lest we confuse the material with the transcedental perspective. We may see also how even the display of apparently negative physical and psychological character traits can be part of a presentation made according to time, place and capacity of those that it is being presented. Just as in the case of the therapist and the his patient where considerations that the therapist is without any bad character traits can occaision unplesent reactions when the patient finds out that the thereapit isn't wholey good we may see how such considerations by the disciple towards guru may afflict his mission by causing him to forget that God takes care of those who take care of themselves, and how it is our own responsibility to disriminate and act upon Gurus behalf to safegurd his mission.
Self realization begins at home
harsi

Post by harsi »

For those among us who are "searching" after "Illuminati´s", that means as I read recently, follower of that famous but very secret group of Renaissance scientists, including Galileo, who met secretly in Rom to discuss "new ideas" :idea: and thus became somehow dangerous due to their advanced awareness and understanding on the physical plain or that of matter, and not only on that one, for the church establishment of that time including the Pope of Rom, I think may like the following links, for having more insight about this issue...

http://www.rateitall.com/i-51197-the-iluminati.aspx from the Opinion Network
or http://www.abebooks.de/search/sortby/3/kn/Iluminati
Open up your mind and heart to new experiences of consciousness.
harsi

Post by harsi »

Janus wrote: The qualities of a devotee are mentioned all throughout them, but if you need to have them listed all in one place, they are listed in Caitanya Caritamrita Madhya 22.78-80. Numbering 26, they are these:

Krpalu, akrta-droha, satya-sara, sama nidosa, vadanya, mrdu, suci (which is next to Godliness ;), akincana, sarvopakaraka, santa, krsnaika-sarana, akama, aniha, sthira, vijita-sad-guna,mita-bhuk, apramatta, manada, amani, gambhira, karuna, maitra,. kavi, daksa, mauni, and yes, some are dual qualities.

And how about the developed or evoked ability or evolved intuitive awareness of the laws of harmony in this world, in nature, among each other, in ones relationships, in ones relationship with the Supreme and in being or becoming more aware of His will as well?
Janus

Post by Janus »

"And how about the developed or evoked ability or evolved intuitive awareness of the laws of harmony in this world...?

" Behold our secret, that the end justifies the means."
Weishaupt, founder on the Illuminati

So you see, all Right Men are antinomian also, just like Great Souls, just like Srila Prabhupada, just like St. Paul, Weishaupt, Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot. The list goes on, ! and all little souls are just like you and me, demanding of them transparency. But Power concedes nothing without a demand Harsi, not even our right to breathe.
So upon your evocation of the voice of the many, you demand that the great submit to you for examination and approval, or what? You will not wish them well? You will not add to their discussions? What other terror might you threaten them with next, besides the threat that you might dissagree? God, forbid, might you threaten even to vote?

"How bout" you try Google in the future Harsi. Either that or stick to the topic that you suggested was the most important thing for us to discuss. Else wise I mean to neglect you Harsi. I mean it isn’t exactly like I need you to wind me up.

P.S. A rose by any other name still smells as sweet. Whether the name Illumanati still exists is really irrelevant. "Certainly, the goals and methods of operation still exist", Still

So how bout?
harsi

Post by harsi »

I don´t know somehow I have stabed somewhere in some "wesp nest" I call it now, and I don´t mean it negatively, by my open and straightforward comments coming from inside my heart, that all of a sudden I receive all kinds of e-mails like from http://www.prabhupada.org.uk and now also this somehow strange comment of Janus. I feel a little bit misunderstood by all of you out there.
Are you not interested also to be of some service to the Supreme and all of us who are of the same spiritual nature as He, just my inocent question in this regard. It seems to me that one is more interested in fulfilling ones need of I am right in my understanding about this or that person I adore.

In my opinion, to evolve or evoke ones Intuition in being able to follow the impuls coming from the heart, seems to me to be more important than all the, in ones mind acumulated, theoretical knowledge of some books, whoever may have written them. Thats not to say that they have no value, but they are acording to my understanding and experience, in my spiritual or devotional life or however you may want to call it, not really that what can promote us to the experience of being able to become aware of the will of the Supreme and come in harmony with it and the world around us.
Janus

Post by Janus »

harsi wrote:For those among us who are "searching" after "Illuminati´s", that means as I read recently, follower of that famous but very secret group of Renaissance scientists, including Galileo, who met secretly in Rom to discuss "new ideas" :idea: and thus became somehow dangerous due to their advanced awareness and understanding on the physical plain or that of matter, and not only on that one, for the church establishment of that time including the Pope of Rom, I think may like the following links, for having more insight about this issue...

http://www.rateitall.com/i-51197-the-iluminati.aspx from the Opinion Network
or http://www.abebooks.de/search/sortby/3/kn/Iluminati

Kenneth Grant wrote that " The two main cults of importance in the New Aeon are the A. A. (Argenteum Astrum not Alcoholics Anonymous (hic), and the O.T.O. The former was evolved by Crowley from the debris of the Golden Dawn, the latter is the continuation of the Order of the Illuminati inaugurated in the 18th century by the Bavarian Adept, Adam Weishaupt."

If what Kenneth Grant said is true and you are looking for the Illuminati, then you have found one.