What was the point?

Days gone by are remembered as good or bad according to our desire. Although we are not encouraging anyone to post texts in this forum, if anyone feels a need to discuss things related to their former times in a spiritual movement or to ventilate their feelings, this is the place to do it. Please maintain proper decorum and do not flame others or other organizations. Any comments or statements herein are the opinions of the poster's alone and have no connection to harimedia.net or its administrators.
Gaura

Post by Gaura »

people who has "realized" their souls eternity ether go up or down after being in that top of the mountain position.
I said to that, ok down I understand, you have experience with that, but up- have you experience with it?
I’m sorry, I didn’t understand your last question, I do not recollect any mention of any feeling that I had during my experience of the eternity of my soul
And I farther said:
"The filling you had(if you had) why you think is superior to that mountain. Is it because somebody told that?"

But anyway we are speaking about completely different things.
So don’t worry about me, be happy. :roll:
harsi

Post by harsi »

Janus wrote: Krsna Consciousness as a science doesn't require your belief, it requires you to conduct an experiment with yourself as the subject, to raise you up to the position in which you see.
I would agree to this in the sense, that to raise you up to the position in which you "see," requires indeed not so much only "believing" that there might be a God Supreme, this of course also, but rather move up to the understanding or awareness to be able to have indeed "faith" or rather be convinced about it, that the Supreme, is the One who is helping you in your life, and is also reciprocating with this your awareness and faith "in" Him.
Thats would I say, is my understanding regarding this interesting issue, which comes also from the experiences I made, in this my own relationship I had with Him, over the many years I was trying to make Him known in the country I was ingaged in doing this, in the last years, and also here in Germany in my own privat life.

Than indeed this "beeing of some service" for the Supreme Lord, which implys also to engage ones loving emotions for Him and others, (to live thus ones Love and loving emotions, as a convinced act of ones own, coming from the core of ones heart) who are also His parts and parcels, can become a wonderfull and most satisfying spiritual experience for the soul, at least it was and still is for me so. But that requires also complete freedom, to be convinced himself that he is engaged in doing that, coming from his own desire and heart to do it, and not just to be told by someone else, that one has to do it. Many are called but few are chosen or what is the saying? something like that. Or even a better approach to this would I say. Don´t just "believe" or be "convinced" so called of anything, unless it is, or is becoming "also true", to yourself.
Open up your mind and heart to new experiences of consciousness.
Janus

Post by Janus »

Gaura wrote:
people who has "realized" their souls eternity ether go up or down after being in that top of the mountain position.
I said to that, ok down I understand, you have experience with that, but up- have you experience with it?
quote]

I went up to a place where blind men see and then I came back down. I am almost blind again now....almost. But I could be blind as a bat but still I have have seen.
Self realization begins at home
Janus

Post by Janus »

harsi wrote:
Janus wrote: Krsna Consciousness as a science doesn't require your belief, it requires you to conduct an experiment with yourself as the subject, to raise you up to the position in which you see.
I would agree to this in the sense, that to raise you up to the position in which you "see," requires indeed not so much only "believing" that there might be a God Supreme, this of course also, but rather move up to the understanding or awareness to be able to have indeed "faith" or rather be convinced about it, that the Supreme, is the One who is helping you in your life, and is also reciprocating with this your awareness and faith "in" Him.
Thats would I say, is my understanding regarding this interesting issue, which comes also from the experiences I made, in this my own relationship I had with Him, over the many years I was trying to make Him known in the country I was ingaged in doing this, in the last years, and also here in Germany in my own privat life.

Than indeed this "beeing of some service" for the Supreme Lord, which implys also to engage ones loving emotions for Him and others, (to live thus ones Love and loving emotions, as a convinced act of ones own, coming from the core of ones heart) who are also His parts and parcels, can become a wonderfull and most satisfying spiritual experience for the soul, at least it was and still is for me so. But that requires also complete freedom, to be convinced himself that he is engaged in doing that, coming from his own desire and heart to do it, and not just to be told by someone else, that one has to do it. Many are called but few are chosen or what is the saying? something like that. Or even a better approach to this would I say. Don´t just "believe" or be "convinced" so called of anything, unless it is, or is becoming "also true", to yourself.
Belief is a passive parameter, faith is an active dynamic.
Self realization begins at home