New idea of community:)

All social issues, family topics, thoughts about life in a community, ideas to make things work better, family issues, education, welfare, retirement, health concerns and so on should be listed here in unique topics.
Sati

New idea of community:)

Post by Sati »

Dear friends!
Somehow I occasionaly came across a beautiful village that impressed me.
I just want to share because it looks really beautiful. Its not a community - its a village, but it had awakened the sleeping idea of community in me:)
http://www.amatciems.lv/eng/idea.html
But there are more reasons to it then just seeng a beautiful peaceful place.
Its a desire to be financiely independent from the "civilisation of consumers". I want to use my capasities in service for the world... like me and my friends - we want to do and support the free non commercial art and we do it as we can but to financiely maintan our lives - we need to go and shoot advertising and support people that we dont want to support by our work. Ofcourse we have some limits like we dont advertise alcogol or smoking and s.o but what we all feel - that we prefer to have some common way of supporting ourselves - perhaps some buisiness that is not related to media and s.o or just our own food that allows us not to earn money and the rest of it could be exchanged for cloth and petrol and medicine... as needed. I want to make the community based of the desire to be able to do some service (like music and media and art and s.o). It could be a village of free art where we can make our own TV channel and have a concert hall that has concerts, the exibition with paintings, the store-exibition with handicrafts...the place for all who live there always and a big guesthouse for the guests, spiritual seminars and master classes, healing...
Lots of people visit free art festivals and are tired of all that they see and hear on media - they want the real art and real life. I ve visited some of this festivals and know many people who can support this idea. Ofcourse there must be place where we live - it must be in a distance from the guesthouse and hall and s.o.
This can be financielly supported by the concerts, festivals, donations of those who want to support free arts but the most important - we should grow our own food and be independent from the incom of the festivals and concerts otherwise we just make a new commercial structure... i mean there should be some income but ... just that allows us to have all we need and to do the service that we can do. It can be not only a place where we can leave a peaceful life - it can be a place where we can all together send our energy to the world by our art and service and healing and it can be the island of alternative culture. There are very many spiritually interested light people outside of our harimedia group who feel the same about themselves and world and who whould join us.
It can be a bit idealistic idea but i see the ground for it and its just in the air... at least in Moscow. If we would not do it - it would be shurely done anyway by some other people in due course of time.