Double Standards

A place where all can share poems, essays, short stories, experiences or feelings. These texts should not be commented on; rather, they should be read in the spirit the authors share them and appreciated as sincere expressions of literary creativity. Do not be afraid to express yourself in a meaningful manner. You may post in your native language. You do not have to write in English.
Adi

Double Standards

Post by Adi »

My respect to everyone on this forum.

The other day I was talking to some of my friends. I mentioned how truly impressed I was once I stumbled on this forum and that I think I have finally felt the same passion to love as I did once I was introduced to Bhakti Yoga in 1990. However, I was surprised to see that lot of my friends are judging Hariji and this website based on reasons that I cannot comprehend. Most of the people that are trying to explain to me how "bad" this is for my spiritual advancement have have never seen or hear Hari, but just seem to be indoctrinated in the sense that everything that has to do with Hari is bad... What a nonsense...

I am amazed by existance of double standards in our lives. Everyone I know talks about hollyness of Guru(s) and serving guru(s) - thus without doubts following their instructions. Ok, I confess that I think that too, but all it takes is one organizational opinion for everyone to start doubting and masuring everything one guru ever did. One organizational memo has a power to let everyone to start doubting... That makes no sense. Why double standards???

Hariji, your work, your lectures, your courage both in and out of iskcon, inspired me to put maximum effort to be a good person and to love and care about others. No statement of any organization can change people's emotions. Thank you for being who you are.

I am reading lots of posts on this forum that are asking Hari to explain, elaborate his decisions and actions. Do we ask any other guru to do that??? I know Hariji, you say you are not a guru, but I believe that you are still guiding a lot of poeple by opening your heart and soul and showing us the purpose of your and maybe our existance.

Please forgive me for being so direct.
Who is interested ina book full of blank pages?
Aicha

Post by Aicha »

May be i do not undersatnd exactly what do you mean. But i am interested in understanding why the world full of double standard. In a such perfect system there cannot be somthing wrong. Thus, the same double standards, which frequently frustrate or confuse us, deeply they must have some another function. On the one hand, double standards are like bariers of person development. On another hand, real understanding of the problem gives us a chance to have a breakthrowgh in development. If i an wrong, please, tell me.
Aicha

Re: Double Standards

Post by Aicha »

Самое опасное, что кроется в религиозных организациях, это коллективное заблуждение..