feeling safe

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
sri

feeling safe

Post by sri »

Again, my older son inspires for this question. I wander about any ideas you may know or have heard about installing feeling of safety and peace in children.

Reasons for not feeling safe are:

1. feeling and even seing beings that are not of material nature (mostly in the night)

2. becoming aware of the bad things that do happen in the world (violent and unexpected death, war, jealausy, someone wanting you to feel bad and worst then them...)

Both of my children present as their solution to this problems (before or after situation arises but not in the moment fear is present) that they are powerful and can perform miracles (possibly they could if they knew how to use their latent powers :) ) or that they are going to call uppon some of their powerful imaginary or established heros that are their friends (here falls Superman as well as Hanuman who with his club and holding a whole mountain rates high on the hero list)

I still remember my own childhood, fear I experianced from seeing or feeling beings that everybody around me just decided to proclaim nonexistent and that was suppose to eliminate fear (it did not) and fear from hearing about wars in which innocent children, children like me where being killed. Not even now have I really a good answer to that fear.

I would be very thankful for any words on this issue.

Thanks

Sri
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

Hmmmm. I doubt I can shed much light on this dark issue, but I shall try.

Feeling and seeing subtle entities is a gift that should be encouraged, not programmed out of children. If children can be trained to see these beings for what they are they will lose their fear of them. However, even adults are afraid when someone unexpectedly suddenly appears even though they are regular people. Fear of sudden change in our local space is normal and is part of the primeval fight or flight syndrome that propels us to defensive action. When we understand this sudden change was the appearance of someone we knew we lose our fear and say, "You scared me!" Explain to the children that their fear of unknown entities entering their room at night is a normal reaction, it will help them understand this fear in context. I do not want to go into a long explanation of non-physical entities; besides, you already know it. However, these entities usually appear either because they need to be near us or we need them for some reason. If an entity needs to be near us, if we are sensitive we can try to assist them in some manner, and if we need them, we can gratefully receive what they have to offer us. Rarely do entities come to simply create trouble, yet this does occasionally happen. Children have a very hard time with this kind of energy and the only solution is for the parent to step in and remove the unwanted entities.

That your children have ways to deal with fear after it has appeared or can deal with the idea of fear in general is very good and it indicates that they are very healthy.

No one can really 'deal' with the suffering of the world and the potential dangers that can suddenly confront us. Children have a very hard time dealing with the things that can happen to them or are happening to other children, and this is made worse by their fertile imaginations visualizing all sorts of demons in their closet. When they see horrors actually happening to children in other locations, they naturally assume it can happen to them! Parents must address this fear and somehow neutralize it. If the children actually live in dangerous and unavoidable situations, all efforts must be made for their safety. But even if the children feel safe, they know other children are not so fortunate as they are. Here are some methods your child can use to assist these children -- to pray for them and ask the Supreme to remove them from danger; to ask angels to help specific children; to be empathetic to them and send them love; to feel the desire to do something to change the world for these children when one is older, or aspire to develop other altruistic ideals.

If anyone else can add to this discussion, I would be grateful!