childhood

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Damodar

childhood

Post by Damodar »

Thank You for your lecture!

Your answer is satisfying me,of course, and more questions are coming up.

In life one requires courage to go against the stream of concepts one was living in.Therefore fear has to be overcome.It seems like feer separates us from "being".
I wonder about period of our childhood.That's the period when we have not much "ability to respond".So much demage happens that time and often we have to struggle the whole lifetime to overcome burden from the past not being able to really express ourself in sense you mentioned.
Maybe it is naive question but what is a sense of such order of things?

Thank you!
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

I think the answer to your question is within the question itself. It seems to me that everyone's childhood contains elements that appear to be unfavorable. Everyone is challenged in childhood although the quality, detail, magnitude and duration of the residual effect is different for each of us. I conclude two things from this: childhood challenge is a required evolutionary stimulus, and our unique personality makes us susceptible to compatible influences and suggestions. In other words, we are borne with and within specific patterns that nourish appropriate challenges.

I have seen as a general rule that unless there is some struggle, we tend to be lazy and neglect our evolution. When all is fine, idyllic and peaceful, we tend to take life for granted and not move forward. For example, those who are happy do not feel a need to seek out happiness. As evolutionary stagnation is not an acceptable option in this world, challenges take birth with us to stimulate our movement and encourage us to activate those experiences we seek, we require, and for which we yearn. That adults later feel the pangs of some form of childhood trauma seems to be universal principle meant to encourage and stimulate us, not torture us.

We all have a very specific and unique nature that manifests from our energetic essence. As our essence is eternal and is characterized by a specific personality that does not change (although it expands), the only non-permanent energetic feature in our world is the manner in which our essence interacts with our physical being. The change of body life after life creates the opportunity for us to gain a wider variety of experiences. As we cannot absorb too divergent a panorama of experiences within one lifetime without becoming energetically incapable of digesting them, we are given a limited range of experiences according to the corresponding physiological and emotional capacity of the union of our energetic and physical bodies. To fulfill our requirement for fresher beneficial challenges, we move sequentially in the next lifetime into newer experiences and opportunities meant to stimulate the expansion of our consciousness.

When we are in childhood, our "buttons" -- those sensitive points which always create strong reactions within us -- are regularly pushed by our family members. They know everything about us; they know how we act, react, feel and desire, and this makes them uniquely qualified to manipulate us, or even agitate us, at will. Often it seems as if they are playing our personality like an instrument. They may not be aware of how they affect us but the impact of these significant persons stimulating our most significant energy receptors sets into motion the revelation of the script of our lives by negatively or positively agitating our potential. As a reaction to their insensitivity or their encouragement, we seek out experiences to exonerate us from our childhood insufficiencies and prove our worth and goodness.

I suggest we see our early traumas differently. What if we saw them as a necessary stimulation to encourage or force our seeking out and accepting experiences appropriate to our present birth, rather than simply seeing our early days as burdens to be overcome? This point of view is similar to seeing the glass as half full instead of half empty. Adjusting our thoughts about our childhood can empower us to more enthusiastically accept ourselves and those experiences we have had or could/should have for the sake of our evolution. This seems better than lamenting and being depressed.

Obviously I am focusing my reply to the subject of your question and therefore neglecting other factors which significantly affect all people.