Woman to political power

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
harsi

Woman to political power

Post by harsi »

"Mister President of the Parliament, I do accept the election," said Dr. Angela Merkel, the new elected woman Chancellor, today in the German Parliament. "That is a strong signal for all woman and for many man certainly, also." With this words introduced the President of the German Parliament a new era in this country. http://www.bundeskanzlerin.bundesregierung.de ... http://www.bundesregierung.de/en

The President of State, who has here more a function of supervision according to the constitution, ( http://www.tatsachen-ueber-deutschland.de/389.html ) introduced her in her new office, wishing her good luck, strength and the blessings of God. Thus 87 years after the introduction of the democratic woman election right in Germany, in this country´s newest history, the first woman is entrusted with political power and leadership of the state.

What I would like to ask you, dear Hari, is the following: The fact that more and more woman, come also in leading political power positions in this world, can this not be seen as a sign, that the male and female energies, come also more and more in harmony. What could that mean for us and the world and time we are living in?
Open up your mind and heart to new experiences of consciousness.
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

One would have to examine if the British foreign policy and poitical actions were better when Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister, or for that matter, during the Victorian Era. One might conclude it has little to do with a leader being male or female for the main consideration is their personal qualification and the ways in which they manifest their power.

Politics is such a stinky arena that one wonders if a woman or two could effectively change it. One wonders how one could be elected in the present climate without having some aroma on oneself.

Certainly the feminine energy is needed and required. We need more nurturing and nourishing for the poor, the sick, and the victims of disasters. We need less male dominated ideals of conquer and victimize through any and all exploitation possible for personal and group gain. This change in direction is not directly correlated to the gender of the leader, but to their evolutionary state. Thus a woman or a man could be a good leader if they were sufficiently evolved.

So, no, I do not think that women being elected necessarily signifies a new day in politics, but it does signify the breakdown of prejudice amongst the voters and that is certainly a sign of evolution.
Marina

Post by Marina »

Hari wrote:So, no, I do not think that women being elected necessarily signifies a new day in politics, but it does signify the breakdown of prejudice amongst the voters and that is certainly a sign of evolution.
I very often can read here this term evolution, what is the specific understanding behind the usage of it in this forum?
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

I use the word 'evolution' to descibe the forward motion of the spiritual energy towards greater awareness, greater self-actualization, or any form of advancement that benefits one in the long run and awakens one to one's essence.

The use of the term according to the biological understanding is not what I mean here.

Evolution can also be used in relation to groups when the group is made of evolving individuals. A society can also evolve as a group. Men can evolve as a group, as can women. Actors can evolve as a group, as can writers. But fundamentally, individuals evolve and seek out others who are similar to them or who share their evolutionary ideals and characteristic means to express these ideals.

It seems that everyone is always evolving. Some do it faster, some do it slower than others. We have to move forward for we are always learning and transforming according to the stimulus that we contact at every moment.

Conscious evolution is that form of action that is done with the awareness that it is an evolutionary step. Those who are more aware of these steps possess a greater degree of such consciousness.

This is how I, at least, use this term. There is more that can be said, but that would fill a book.
harsi

Post by harsi »

Hari wrote: Certainly the feminine energy is needed and required. We need more nurturing and nourishing for the poor, the sick, and the victims of disasters. We need less male dominated ideals of conquer and victimize through any and all exploitation possible for personal and group gain. This change in direction is not directly correlated to the gender of the leader, but to their evolutionary state. Thus a woman or a man could be a good leader if they were sufficiently evolved.
What you wrote is certainly true, it should indeed not be disadvatageous to be a woman, in order to gain a leading position in the society. But the history was such, that even in the 60´s in Germany I heard it was for example imposible for a woman to get a credit from the bank without the signature of the husband or the father. What to speak of the so called vedic time in India, or what one may have understod in this regard, of the socaled vedic time. Would you say that this ´discriminations´ of the woman in the society were only due to the dominance of the male energy in this societies or was it also meant somehow for their protection?
Marina

Post by Marina »

Hari wrote: Conscious evolution is that form of action that is done with the awareness that it is an evolutionary step. Those who are more aware of these steps possess a greater degree of such consciousness.

This is how I, at least, use this term. There is more that can be said, but that would fill a book.
A interesting way of interpreting this term.
Apropos books, what author would you recomend to read in order to understand this matter more profoundly. Here apeared a lot of books nowadays written by Paul Ferrini, Jasmuheen, Rene de Lassus, Deepak Chopra, Dianne Lancaster, Bruce Davis, Sri Vasudeva and the author whos books I personally find quite interesting, Neale Donald Walsch and his conversations with God.
Marina

Post by Marina »

harsi wrote:What you wrote is certainly true, it should indeed not be disadvatageous to be a woman, in order to gain a leading position in the society.
From my point of view, which is a liberal one, I can say that also where I am living women ocuppy an important role in the government of the country, which were not always so. The ministery of health, that of justice and of culture is under the leadership of a woman. The woman in my country can also be seen as power woman because they engage also in the social and political life and succesfully, proving their high qualities of leadership, organizational talents in the active life of the country combining femininity with persistence.
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

I am happy to hear that "Power Women" (yes, this name is becoming more and more recognized in the world) are entering into these arenas and mixing them with their nurturing energy. I am also glad that they are entering into these forums too! Thank you.
Marina

Post by Marina »

I sometimes wonder why some of the man have a sort of mentality so different from ours, woman, concerning attitudes towards life, every day life and especially the couple life. In due course of time I have spoken, commented with some of my woman-friends about this matter, and I am astonished, really surprised sometimes from the great differences of opinions, gestures, attitudes and reactions, sometimes words or expressions, of our life partners. Sometimes we think that we know very well the person we are living with, or our friend or mate, but things happened and demonstrates us that we are wrong and I wonder why? If anyone of you have an opinion about this matter, please discuss.
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

Of course you are well aware that men and women are different. The only way to really know someone is to communicate with them and see their actions in different situations. But women are more comfortable about speaking about how they feel than men, and men say a lot less than women. Women are more into details whereas men are more into events, facts, and short descriptions.

There is a lot of literature about this in the world today and it describes this a lot better than I can in a few words.

One thing: If you see that someone you thought you knew and love react or act in ways which are quite contrary to your expectations, this indicates that you were not connecting on a deep level and that certain aspects of your relationship were not favorable to your partner. When this is seen, it is time to suspend all further actions until a deep understanding of the underlying forces that created the dissatisfaction are uncovered and comprehensively discussed.
Marina

communication

Post by Marina »

I also agree that communication is a good way to know - or to know better someone. But what´s to be done when the other person is not so open, is not communicating with you?
I must say that I have sometimes certain difficulties with friends of mine concerning communication between us. Is there a so call ´best strategy´ to apply, or a certain way to act?
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

You have hit upon the essential point. One of the greatest arts in communication is to make people feel secure and comfortable enough with you that they enjoy the communication. This is best done by being a good listener. One who can listen well with great attention and an empathetic desire to understand the other person has a very good chance at creating an open channel of communication. One who simply wishes others to understand them without first tying to understand the other has a harder time.

This works well when the other wishes to be understood, but what do you do when the other has no interest in communicating with you? In this case, you first have to create the environment within which a desire for communication can arise, then you can empathetically hear and understand them. When they see that you care about them so much that you are listening carefully without judging them, they will be able to hear you. This is the secret to effective and meaningful communication.