Healing. What does it mean?

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
harsi

Healing. What does it mean?

Post by harsi »

Dear Hari,
I was often thinking about this term healing. I know healing aims at restoring the wholenes of a person, by restoring the unity of mind, body and soul disrupted by disease. What does it mean to you, or what are "the diseases" you focus your attention on, by calling the website "Healing Broadcasting"?
Open up your mind and heart to new experiences of consciousness.
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

The usual way in which disease is described in the alternative literature is ‘dis-ease,’ or an unnatural state of being where our energy is agitated and thus out of balance. The term ‘ease’ implies a state of relaxation and as you know this is a major part of the meditations we do.

There are many causes of dis-ease. Besides accidental changes in our state of health, genetic influences which dictate patterns within our physical plane, bacterial contaminations, or external situations out of our control or inflicted upon us by others, there are causes of dis-ease that are fully within our capacity to control such as what and how we eat, our habits and actions, the stress and anxiety we live with and create, and above all the belief systems within us which we hold dear and never question. I speak about these aspects of life that are within our control. As Andrew Weil, the famous author and doctor, has stated, "All healing is self-healing." If you think about it, the doctor, the medicine, and the techniques used to heal all depend on the capacity of the body to restore internal balance and fight off the diseased condition. Ultimately, all healing is self-healing. Harimedia is all about self-healing, but in an esoteric and sometimes mystical manner.

I try to give you the tools by which you can determine what is wrong in your energy and how to right it. By increasing your awareness of your own energy, the energy of others, and what input is given you from the universe, your sensitivity can develop. This heightened state allows you to know what to eat and when, what to do and what not, even to the point of knowing who can help you and who not. When one is freed from the many misconceptions that were presented as absolute yet had little contact with the self which led to ‘dis-eased’ conditions, one can deeply relax and in that state of freedom from distortion, experience one’s naturally powerful and beautiful personal energy. When in full and conscious connection with our own energy one can contact higher beings and ultimately the Divinity.

If you want to know something specific, ask again.
harsi

Post by harsi »

Hari wrote: I try to give you the tools by which you can determine what is wrong in your energy and how to right it. By increasing your awareness of your own energy, the energy of others, and what input is given you from the universe, your sensitivity can develop. This heightened state allows you to know what to eat and when, what to do and what not, even to the point of knowing who can help you and who not. When one is freed from the many misconceptions that were presented as absolute yet had little contact with the self which led to ‘dis-eased’ conditions, one can deeply relax and in that state of freedom from distortion, experience one’s naturally powerful and beautiful personal energy. When in full and conscious connection with our own energy one can contact higher beings and ultimately the Divinity.
That was indeed the most convincing answer regarding this issue, I ever heard. I thank you for that. It remindet me at a story I was reading ones. An old legend reports: A person is on the way to the land of his intense longing. It is a long and arduous journey. He is arriving at last at a broad river. He knows, over there at the other bank, is the land of magnificance - and he can hardly expect to go across.

He finds a ferryman, who is prepared to cross him over the river with his boat, as quickly as possible. "But" he says to him "you must leave your baggage here. I take only those along with me, without ballast." The traveller is very scared. For him it seems to be impossible, all the things he was accumulating, which he loves and considers to be vital or necessary in life, which he was tuging there with great effort, to just lay down and abandon, at the bank of the river.
"Everything?" the person is asking, hoping that he may can take at least something from his "possessions" with him. "I take only you" replys the ferryman seriously. "Make your decision."

It seems to me to be indeed so that one who is not able to drop balast, has it hard to undertake long and arduous journeys. And I think even more difficult it would become to embark on our last journey in life and to entrust us to the "ferryman" without reservations. My experience is that even now we must somehow learn in life to drop unnecesary ballast, would I say. Dear Hari I wonder, if this reflections of mine are of any value in ones life, what do you think?

Another memory of mine, from hearing your tapes, - Hari in St. Petersburg 12.12.1999

"All this visualisations, all this meditations are essential growth processes, purifying processes, for developing the "energy", purifying it, straingthening it, or what is this word...by high heat you purify gold, similarly by intense visualisations you purify energy, and when you gradually do this meditations and become clearer, you also become more freeer and you develop capacities, and I don´t just mean, like a kind of greater straingth, I mean capacities for gentleness, or peacefullness, or forgiveness, or tolerance, or mercy, or austerity, or renunciation, or whatever...that you didn´t have before. So meditation and visualisation, are an excelent way to contact, or learn to contact yourself. Is that OK? Did that help?"
...for me yes, and is of great help in my growing process of spiritual understanding and awareness in my life.
Janus

Post by Janus »

You both might want to check out The Pronciples of Esoteric Healing, The Circuit of Force and the Principles of Hermetic Philosophy, which should, I think all be available from The Society of the Inner Light, 38 Steele's Road, London NW3 4RG England (sil@innerlight.org.uk).
Dr. Isrel Rgardies The Art of True Healing and the Middle Pillar are als very useful in development along these lines. Some of these early but seminal works stem from collaboration with Eastern Initiates of Tantrick traditions.

Fortune's The Problem with Purity deals specifically with this:

"All this visualisations, all this meditations are essential growth processes, purifying processes, for developing the "energy", purifying it..." and may be of considerable assist.
Self realization begins at home
harsi

spirituality

Post by harsi »

I guess dear Janus, you or anyone else out there, would be also interested to check out the site of the California Institute of Integral Studies, which deals I guess also with what you wrote.

http://www.ciis.edu/about/integraleducation.html
http://www.ciis.edu/students/bookstore.html
Or look more at:
http://www.questia.com/library/philosop ... topics.jsp
"If knowledge is precious, Questia is priceless" It´s own motto. Or:
http://www.bibliopolis.com/cgi-bin/bibl ... YSICS.html