How to combine advanced sensitivity with real life?

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
zulfiya

How to combine advanced sensitivity with real life?

Post by zulfiya »

Hello, Dear Hari! I have get an access to Internet and eventually I can to associate with You. Let me thank You heartily for all You have done for me leaving ISKCON. Also I want to thank You for Saturday’s broadcasting. Earlier I could not to attend them, but when I had managed to do it, their topics wonderfully have coincided with my inner needs at that moment. And You have been revealing what I touched inside by intuition. This have inspired me and caused influx of life power. Thank You for it.
I very seldom ask You at broadcasting, trying to bother You less and trying to find answers by myself. It helps me to grow faster and opens new horizons and limits, although I have to work hard for it. But the result is worthy of it. And now there is the same situation. It appeared long ago and it repeats again and again. I would like to ask You help me if You do not mind, for it bothers me now and touches my health. Here the situation.
I try to make my sensitivity subtler. My drawing and love to the nature helped it to some degree. But at the same time I have found that now I feel subtler not only beautiful and harmonious things, but also rough and disharmonious ones. The diapason is very wide: from smoking and using a bad language people, selling meat’s products, loud and fuming trucks till negative attitude to me, and even disharmonious things and sounds. And all these things physically affect me, in other words after my negative mental appraisal of these things, these energies go through me. What can I do? By nature I am very sensitive and emotional (I am an earth-fire), and it is very hard for me not to react on these things.
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

Your "problematic" situation is normal. One has to pay a price for awareness. Remember, "It is folly to be wise for ignorance is bliss." Those who are not aware may be invulnerable to many aspects of modern life and thus we might think they suffer less, always have something they can eat, and can be anywhere at any time. Perhaps that is true to some extent, but when you examine it, they have the same quantity of problems, or perhaps more, than the sensitive souls.

For example, those who smoke, eat meat, and enjoy anything and everything are for the short term having a great time, but in the long term, and sometimes not even such a long term as they hope, they have to deal with the effects of gradually killing themselves. As my Uncle Ang so aptly put it, "If I knew I was going to live so long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Amen.

Awareness has its benefits, without a doubt, and those who are aware become aware because they thrive in this state. Once they are aware, they have a hard time to make themselves dull. But, it has its drawbacks, as you have mentioned, and there is little one can do with the world the way it is besides accepting it. Fighting the world all the time as bad and contaminating is an effort and it weakens awareness. Constant attention to the negative causes one to tune to these negative things, even if one does not wish to do so. After all, those who are sensitive are expert at tuning to anything they want. By concentrating on the negative, you tune to it and are gradually affected by it which causes a loss in awareness.

Better to stop fighting and simply be detached from the surroundings. Be in the world but not of it, for it does its own thing while we move through it on our own wavelength with our own manner and purpose. This detachment from the world while living in it is an art, but it can be achieved when one stops fighting with outside influences by being confident of oneself and one’s integrity as an aware and sensitive soul.

But, I too personally try to avoid exhaust fumes from vehicles and tobacco, loud noises, insane situations and all of these negative energies as much as I can. I move as far as I can in saner circles. Sometimes I have no choice, so I simply do what I have to for as long as I have to and move on.