To be offended by everybody

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Jiva

To be offended by everybody

Post by Jiva »

Hello!
There is a situation: I have communicated, lived happily and been friend with about 10 peoples for a long time. We simply have communicated and have been very glad with our friendship. Then the Fate moved me to the conditions of full isolation. I found myself far away amongst aliens, and in very bad material conditions. I have been expected my friends to care about me, help me and show me they needed me. They had all possibilities. Nobody responded to me (except 1 person). I have spent several years in such conditions.
Thus I have lost all my friends. Now I think that everybody abandoned me, and if the same situation repeats the others will abandon me the same way. I fell hurt by everybody in advance. I do not trust anyone. Now I think people only want a benefit from me, and if I can not give it to them they do not need me. I fell bad about it, because at a once I will have nothing to give except myself, and I will find myself alone. How to resolve it?
Hari
Site Admin

Re: To be offended by everybody

Post by Hari »

Hmmm. It is very hard to say exactly what is going on and why. This makes it very hard to answer the question.

There could be many reasons why your friends have changed in their dealing with you. I will list a few:

1) They could feel that you left them. In other words, as you now feel abandoned, they could have felt the same way when you left.
2) Perhaps they felt that you wanted something from them after you left that they were not willing to give? In other words, maybe they felt that you have left them and therefore your requests are unreasonable and presume too much friendship from them?
3) Maybe they were not really the friends you thought they were?
4) Maybe your idea of what a friend is differs from their idea?
5) Maybe they have their own problems and have no capacity to assist you?

Or any of a wide variety of alternative possibilities?

I wonder why you are forcing yourself to be in that isolated situation. Is it really needed? If you value friendship and social interaction, perhaps you should consider relocating to a place where you can meet your economic needs and still have some contact with others? If you are really forced to be where you are, for example because you are taking care of old and invalid parents, then you will have to accept this austerity for some time. This too shall pass.

Perhaps this is an experience you have to go through to understand what it feels like to be abandoned by others? Does the idea that you might have abandoned others in this life or in previous lives resonate with you or in some obscure part of your memory?

Do you have the possibility to meet a hypnotherapist who can assist you to see into your past in relation to this feeling?

And why is it that you cannot connect to anyone where you presently live?

I do not understand why you left in the first place? Did you think things would be better in the new location?

The only way to resolve this situation is to look within and see why it affects you so deeply. The pain in your text is intense and I am struggling to make sense of it. Yet the solution seems to lie within you alone.