Envy

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
kamalamala1

Envy

Post by kamalamala1 »

Hi Harijee!

We see that in this word envy is everywere.
People sometime is envious even without real reason, sometime absolutly for nothing.
Actually i notice that ptactically all the people has some kind of envy,
Does envy in some way exist in spiritual world ?
Can one be envious to God,?
Hari
Site Admin

Re: Envy

Post by Hari »

Well, as you might have noticed, I avoided answering this question for some time. I entered my standard procrastination mode. But now I rebooted and will dare to reply. I cannot answer this question as it is phrased because I do not know how.

I am totally blocked by the word envy. The word is one of those blockbuster terms that is totally loaded with all kinds of expectations, fundamentalistic ideas, warped and guilt ridden conceptions, and a pile of other stuff too numerous to mention and too heavy to discuss without needing an ibuprofen at the end.

I do not even know of an alternative term to help us understand the underlying question better because this word cuts off at the knees all attempts to use one's intelligence and experience. So I am stuck.

I do know that the idea of doing one's best and using the efforts of another to do better, as in a form of competition, does exist within spiritual energy and it works well. But the idea that one could be with God and be envious of God at the same time is far too paradoxical for me to deal with. I think the concept is impossible, but saying that places me in the path of a machine that will roll over me for daring to question this presumed absolute truth by saying it is anything but the basis of all things "material." Sorry!
kamalamala1

Re: Envy

Post by kamalamala1 »

Thank you Harijee!
Actually you answered my question.
I also nowdayes could not believe that anybody in spiritual realm can be envious to GOD.It sound too primitive.
Actually as i understand envy is result of passion and ignorense , and if people there in shudha satva how can be there envy/