Knowledge

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
kamalamala1

Knowledge

Post by kamalamala1 »

Hi Harijee!
Last few about dayes i was thinking about knowledge.
We all and most of the people wasting such incredible time to get different kinds of knowledge .
We are spending whole our life to learn learn and learn ecspesially our younger ages/
So much energy attention and life force is invested.
But most of the knowledge is simply how to ajust ourself to modern life mostly for earning enaf money for simple survival/
In this regard question is arising.
Does all this endeavors all this knowledge have any value after death,?
Since most of it relate to life.
And what is real knowledge?
Hari
Site Admin

Re: Knowledge

Post by Hari »

Three times I have almost completed an answer to this question and three times I was called away to do something else before I hit "Submit" and all was lost, so perhaps it will work this time! :004

All that we do in this life depends to a large extent on what we know. Learning is a major part of life. The act of learning itself assists us to develop our skills of observation, research, learning how to separate what works and what doesn't, along with many other important tools. These tools are essential to our evolution for without them we would remain ignorant. What we learn is not always as important as how we learn it. The art of learning can be seen as more important than what is learned. The better we become at learning the more capacity we have to figure out what we should do and how we should respond to what is happening in our lives.

If we consider the role of karma in developing our future, whatever we learn in this life becomes part of our decision making process. The consequences of these choices unfold as our circumstances in our next lifetime. From this perspective, knowledge has a definite impact on our life after death.

"Real" knowledge is a vague and perhaps useless term. If knowledge is true, has value to us, and helps create a better future for ourselves and others, then it is useful. Is this knowledge real as opposed to illusory ideas? Sure. But is knowledge about space, advanced mathematics, or other concepts that have no immediate personal relevance to us less real? One could say that any knowledge that is true is real. But illusions can sometimes serve us quite well. Magic is an example of this. Magic is also real, but what it appears to us to be is an illusion. Is life an illusion? In some ways we consider it to be when it creates the idea that we belong in a world of physicality, but even then this illusion helps us understand what we value more. I consider the word "real" to be irrelevant in spiritual discussions. I use the word "value" because all that truly counts is what has value to us!
kamalamala1

Post by kamalamala1 »

Hi dear Hari!

IN your answer you wrote .
"Is life an illusion? In some ways we consider it to be when it creates the idea that we belong in a world of physicality,"

Since we don't belong to this world then what is the use of most of our endavours to make our lifes here comfortable.
We are spending so much time on it /
The whole civilisation is crazy on that.?
And where is our real home if we have such where is the place where we belong?
And what we should do for life in our real place ?
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

You have just stated the premise for religion by more or less saying, "We do not belong here, we belong in the realm of God; therefore, why bother with production, consumption and enjoyment when we can simply focus on our spirituality?"

If this makes sense to you, then you will act accordingly. The degree to which you embrace renunciation of this world and detachment from it will dictate how close you remain to your ideal. If and when you decide that you need to create a balance between the life you now experience and the life you desire to experience, you will adjust your actions, your ideals, and your expectations appropriately.

Please do not assume that I am reiterating the universal premise of religion because I replied to your question about illusion as I did. I do not often speak using the term illusion, neither do I focus on leaving this world. I present the concept of living in awareness of the energy of existence and finding the divine within it wherever one is. Considering this, I do not wish to engage in the discussion of this life as useless and only a return to the abode of God has value. You may feel like that and this may or may not be "good" for you or bring you to where you wish to go. You will find out later on. I think it makes more sense to act as if the moment has more value than anything else and because of that our choices and our subsequent actions mold the course of our lives and set the stage for our future. Whatever we do in this moment should reflect our divine nature as we try to balance our needs and desires with being of service.

One could say our fundamental energetic existence is one of being of service in connection with the Divine Beings and Energy. I believe this and therefore I do not need to be anywhere else to express the essence I am. Home is where the heart is, and if our heart's are engaged in being of service within the flow of divine energy, we are home. This attitude is the best discipline to refine our consciousness so that we may transfer to the realm of God without requiring a massive dose of mercy that may or may not come regardless of our belief that it will.