Life and living and death

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
kamalamala1

Life and living and death

Post by kamalamala1 »

Hi Harijee!
Every day in the world people are dying \all who were born here ever will go to another world in another reality after some time).
Every day in the world is born 365000 people
and dies approximately 150000 people.
But those who come here are born with different life plans and challenges, some are born to cultivate some quality some desired for achievements, some reapair broken relationships, some come here to pay debts,(some on the contrary even more spoil their relationship foolishly and develop negative qualities).
Some people coming here to develope there spirituality.
When a mother gives birth to the child she has plans for life not for death.
And same for childrens if they properlly treathed they all have plans and expectations in this life.
When One want to really build a house or factory or mine gold
or something else he don't think this is all for naught since all will die(go to another reality by force) .
Yes, of course everyone knows that they will soon or late leave this world, but it's not dominant in their minds when they make plans for life
If the consciousness of death dominated many will lost enthusiasm and began to depress.And this also happening.
It is obvious that for successful undertakings in life one need just such a positive approach to life and total immersion
and not at all think that all is in vain.
But at the same time to forget about death is silly especially because it always reminds itmself and it is also as real as life.
So, should one while living in this world totally forget about death?
Since it seem that remebering about death doesnt at all helping people
but oposite it only make disturbances in there life, anyway it will happen, so wath.
Is alwayes remebering about death is usefull and benefitial in any way?
But from another point thinking about death as a big change in one existance in some cases can be positive/
Also people should not foolished that they forever will be here it is also not so.

How to treat all this in balance ?
Hari
Site Admin

Re: Life and living and death

Post by Hari »

I do not believe that anyone completely forgets that they will die someday. Obviously, the degree to which we are aware of this fact differs for each of us. Some people assume they will die far in the future and therefore they put it out of their mind till someone they know or love dies. For some, death is more visible than for others. Some who think they will live long die quicker than they planned. We all deal with our awareness of death in whatever way is appropriate to our life situation.

I personally would avoid saying that there is a proper way to think about death and those who disregard it are somehow deficient. I believe that the purpose of life is to live; so as long as you have that life you should go on living as best you can. One cannot live if one is crushed by the thought of death or continually fearful of its occurrence. We need to be in a relaxed state so we can do what we can in the best way possible. Even when we attempt to do good for others, we focus on the other person and not on ourselves. When I am writing this text, I care about how my words will be of service, not if or when I shall die. Nothing wrong in that!

Regardless of your philosophical inclination or tendency towards existential awareness, we all have moments when we cannot avoid death. Our own demise reigns supreme amongst those moments, but when others die we are reminded. If one is faced with war in one's community, a natural disaster, disease, or any of the hundreds of different ways people meet their end, we are forced to face the subject. When we do not have to deal with death, we do not have to!

But, those who are wise prepare for uncertainty in their lives and make arrangements to best deal with the unknown. Security is very much a part of our planning and execution, and avoiding death or accomodating it when needed remains an important part of life. One of the primary ways we humans prepare for death is to root our consciousness in spirituality so that we can attain a good destination. This spiritual awareness creates the balance we seek as we live our lives to the fullest.
kamalamala1

Post by kamalamala1 »

Thank you for answer!
Another question arising in this regard.
Should one afraid death ,or if should in wath degree and why?
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

In Bengal there is a saying, "The worst thing that can happen to you is death, and even death is not so bad. So why worry?" Death is scary till it happens and when it happens it is no longer scary unless you are some really evil character who is going to face all kinds of nasty reactions. But all living creatures are more or less wired to fear the unknown and death is the greatest unknown. Unless you embrace a religious philosophy that gives you courage to die knowing you are going to a good place, it is fearsome. Now whether or not that happens is another question, but at least the idea that it will creates relief.

The sun will come up tomorrow. Should I fear that? And if I did, what would it matter? I cannot do anything about it and being afraid just ruins my time right now. Better to not worry and make good choices and deal with whatever happens as it appears. Regardless, our personal responsibility to ourselves and those around us is to always be the best person we can be in an ideal of service.
kamalamala1

Post by kamalamala1 »

Harijee!
Can people who live here help there departed relatives?
If they need help at all.
Previously there was the ceremony shradha even Lord Chaitanya performed it in Gaya/
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

How much one can assist departed relatives depends on many factors. If they have already taken birth in a new form, the religious ceremonies are meant to give them more good karma to assist them to live a happier life. Any descendent can offer such assistance if they learn how. How effective their assistance is depends on how they do it and the power of those who assist them or their own power if they do it on their own. If they have not yet taken rebirth, relatives can assist them psychologically and spiritually if they know how or are connected to someone who knows how.
kamalamala1

Post by kamalamala1 »

You mean any religios cerenonies Or vedic ones.,?
Can you explain please more how to help them psychologically and spiritually.?
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

If the relatives are hovering in our realm as disembodied spirits, we should help them to understand what they need to move on and then assisti them to attain it. This requires personal skill and power.

If the relatives have already taken birth and are living their lives elsewhere, it is doubtful that you can do a lot for them. But you can always send good energy to any living being anywhere by focusing your attention on them.

If the relatives are somewhere else, but not yet fully embodied, they can be assisted by sending them good energy. Good energy is created by love, by good intentions, well wishes, charity performed in their name, sacrifices intended for their benefit, or acts of devotion or prayer directed towards them. If a ceremony can create this good energy then go for it. You can also do this on your own or within a smaller group.
kamalamala1

Post by kamalamala1 »

Harijee
Does after death exist such a beutifull nature as it is here?
Does there exist countryes and nations and cityes, Temples and Churches,religions ?
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

Um, your question spans a wide range of situations. I cannot answer it properly. As far as I have seen in my somewhat limited experience, individuals experience after-lives uniquely, although there are groups of various sizes that participate in a shared experience. I do not wish to go into the details of this more than to say that our capacity to create our future is greatly expanded when we are no longer anchored to a gross form. In the less gross realms, our consciousness can control our environment far more than we seem to be able to now. If we consider this (or more honestly, if someone believes this concept to be true) then this capacity opens the doors to any and all experiences (within limits that I am not qualified to describe) according to our consciousness at the time we depart from our body.

Those who are highly advanced at the time of death have access to realms that most people can merely imagine, but the process of entering into these places and the activities within them is similar.