What kind of lifestyle do you recommend to improve our vibration?

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Manojava

What kind of lifestyle do you recommend to improve our vibration?

Post by Manojava »

Dear Hari, i heard in your lecture that if we want to contact with the divine energy we need to raise our vibration.
I've also heard that the vibrations depend on our lifestyle. What kind of lifestyle do you recommend to improve our vibration?
Hari
Site Admin

Re: What kind of lifestyle do you recommend to improve our vibration?

Post by Hari »

Your question is very general. Please tell me what kind of life style you think would be appropriate? I can comment on your answer.
Manojava

Post by Manojava »

I understand very clearly, that it is individually. In my life, in this period, it seems to me, the following things help me:

1. Reducing the amount of food and relief food, as much as I can do it.
2. Specific activities for the Deities, for example, useful activities for the temple.
3. To fulfill my social responsibilities.
4. Communication with people which vibration is higher than mine.
5. Solitude in nature.
6. Exercise and body care.
7. listening meditative music.

All of this helps me to improve the quality of my contact with the divine energy, when I meditate, communicate with the Deities, chant, sing mantras ...

I am interested in your comments. And also additions.

Also, I'm curious to know your opinion about the four principles (in the tradition of Vaishnavas before Prabhupada) and chanting the mantra a certain number of rounds - what is the importance of certain amount of rounds?
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

You are a mature adult and an experienced spiritualist. You have already figured out what serves your evolution and what doesn't. You do not need me to comment on your life. Your ideas are fine, but someone else might have come to a different conclusion about what helps them. There are, of course, general principles, but one who is engaged in "our" brand of spiritual life will have already figured this out from listening and reading what "we" have to offer. I quoted the words "our" and "we" because they are defined individually by those who partake in what I present or facilitate.

I do not want to add to your list. If you have listened to my lectures, you might have observed that I have systematically avoided creating "must-do" lists. I do not presume to demand people act or think in a specific manner. Everyone does and thinks what they like in all circumstances anyway. What I do is to assist someone to do what they do better, or to evolve as best they can according to who they are within their sphere of existence.

The famous four regulative principles that you followed previously may or may not have served you well. Only you can say if they were good for you or not. You follow or don't follow them according to your choices. I do not insist that people eat in a particular manner, for example, although I state clearly that I am a vegan and have been for quite some time. I say, "I am a vegan," if someone asks me about eating. If they ask me why, I tell them. If they ask me if they should do that too, I explain the benefits from the health and spiritual point of view as well as the non-violence point of view. If they ask me if they must do it, I reply that it is up to them to choose how to live their lives. I live my life according to my conscience and I do what is best for me while considering how my actions and choices affect those around me, the environment, or any other factor of significance in each situation. I feel it is far more important for an individual to learn how to make his or her own choices than for me to tell them what choices to make. I can suggest according to a person's particular situation, but telling them what to do is counterproductive and often creates the opposite of what you are trying to achieve.

I have already commented quite extensively about how I feel about certain principles and their consequences and I do not feel like repeating myself here.
Manojava

Post by Manojava »

Dear Hari, thank you very much for your answer and your mystic support all these years.