Iron Body Exercise

Garuda Pandit is an accomplished practioner and teacher of the usage of Qi in various forms. He will post texts which will help anyone learn how to use Qi and thus strengthen their body and mind.
GPandit

Iron Body Exercise

Post by GPandit »

Iron Body Exercise #1 Tiger Stretches His Body

Please try this exercise, and make it a part of your daily regimen. It is one of the best full body exercises I know of.

You begin in regular push-up position, but you do not perform these by pushing straight up and down with your arms. You bring you chin near the ground and glide forward. Push up with your arms, and allow your hips to drop toward the ground. This looks a bit like the cobra posture in hatha yoga. Next bring your hips up (this like the downward dog position in yoga). Repeat.

This martial arts exercise not only builds strength in the upper body (arms, shoulders, chest)"”it also conditions and tones the back, stomach, legs. It really is great for the whole body. Traditionally it was used as a training exercise for Iron Body development.

Do not be discouraged if you can only perform a couple of these in the beginning. Persevere by doing a few of these each day. Your body will adjust.
What we do in life, echoes in Eternity
pamu

Post by pamu »

I felt that some warming up and light stretching was necessary before I started doing these "Martial push-ups". Good movement, though. :lol:
GPandit

iron body

Post by GPandit »

You are correct. Definitely loosen up with arm swings, etc. Thanks for the input!
What we do in life, echoes in Eternity